Early Season Picks for Number 1 seed in the Tournament...

beano5

As of right now, I have UNC, Duke, Memphis, and Texas as my 4 number 1 seeds. What does everyone else think??? UNC and Duke are the normal UNC and Duke. Texas, as Bob Knight pointed out tonight, is playing the best defense a Texas team has played in a while and the offense will be very good with Abrams, James and company. Anyone agree or disagree with my picks?

As of right now, I have UNC, Duke, Memphis, and Texas as my 4 number 1 seeds. What does everyone else think??? UNC and Duke are the normal UNC and Duke. Texas, as Bob Knight pointed out tonight, is playing the best defense a Texas team has played in a while and the offense will be very good with Abrams, James and company. Anyone agree or disagree with my picks?

I would probably throw UCONN in there in place of either Duke or Memphis. Hasheem Thabeet is a monster. With that said, I haven't seen Memphis play much this year, so I don't know what they bring to the table. But UNC is definitely the team to beat....

I would put UCONN in there over Duke or Memphis as well. I don't see Duke winning the ACC with UNC being there, and I don't want Memphis getting a number one seed after winning CUSA over a Big East winning UCONN team. I could see maybe two Big East teams or two ACC teams getting top seeds over Memphis...possibly two Big XII teams. Either UNC/Duke, UCONN/Pittsburgh, Texas/Oklahoma.

1. UNC

1B. UCONN

1C. Texas

1D. Pittsburgh

UNC

Texas

UConn

The fourth number one seed will be between Duke or Memphis. I can't decide. It depends how Duke does in the ACC. If they lose more than two games in the ACC than it will be Memphis. But if Duke doesn't lose to anybody other than UNC than they are the fourth 1 seed.

Dook may not even be the second best team in the ACC. Wake is loaded and has plenty of bigs inside to contend with the likes of Carolina. They're inexperienced though, but as a Carolina fan they definitely scare me more than 3-point shooting happy Dook with no inside presence.

Definitely UNC if you say they won't your an idiot and need to stop talking about basketball. Texas is one also especially if they keep up their domination of the NCAA. Duke, Memphis and even Notre Dame have a shot if they step their games up. Duke and Notre Dame's early losses to teams they should've blowed out hurts them. I would have to say UCONN and UCLA will sneak in to the top 4, but UCONN has a tough road being in the Big East which is stacked with talented teams and UCLA has nobody in the Pac-10. One more thing Stephen Curry from Davidson will win Player of the Year.

Definitely UNC if you say they won't your an idiot and need to stop talking about basketball. Texas is one also especially if they keep up their domination of the NCAA. Duke, Memphis and even Notre Dame have a shot if they step their games up. Duke and Notre Dame's early losses to teams they should've blowed out hurts them. I would have to say UCONN and UCLA will sneak in to the top 4, but UCONN has a tough road being in the Big East which is stacked with talented teams and UCLA has nobody in the Pac-10. One more thing Stephen Curry from Davidson will win Player of the Year.

Yep, good call. UCLA is another team you have to watch out for. I always forget about them for some reason.

Duke is in as good a shape for a number 1 seed as UCLA - they both have an early loss (MICH beat both of them) I agree that you would think Duke and UCLA should beat MICH easily, but maybe MICH is just better than people are giving them credit for - plus Duke has already beaten MICH 71-56 earlier in the year

But Duke didn't beat them again. Duke is a good team, but with the ACC as strong as it is with teams like Va Tech that always pulls off an upset it will be hard to keep a 29-3 record to get a number 1 seed. UCLA has nobody in the Pac-10 but USC and maybe Oregon or Arizona but all three are down. Mayo leaving hurt USC's chances at winning the Pac-10. UCLA is experienced and have a great coach who knows how to get there. On another point, UCLA won't last long in the NCAA tournament if they play like they did against Michigan and Texas. Notre Dame is still my sleeper and Michigan will contend with Michigan St. and Purdue for the Big 10 title. Bealin or however you spell his name is a good coach and has turned them around.

I would put UCONN in there over Duke or Memphis as well. I don't see Duke winning the ACC with UNC being there, and I don't want Memphis getting a number one seed after winning CUSA over a Big East winning UCONN team. I could see maybe two Big East teams or two ACC teams getting top seeds over Memphis...possibly two Big XII teams. Either UNC/Duke, UCONN/Pittsburgh, Texas/Oklahoma.

1. UNC

1B. UCONN

1C. Texas

1D. Pittsburgh

You took the teams right out of my mouth...