Graham Boy's

SteveEurkel

:confused:I opened a new account for this forum because I was on my buddies account looking around and i had to ask.... What's the deal with Glenn Carlock Jr. and his ways? Why are Kyle Harris and AJ Jeffers not starting? Is Jason Palmer gonna play this season or is he seriously injured? I've watched some of these kids play since they we're in middle school and i do not understand the way things are going right now. In my own opinion I do not think that Scott Brewster is capable of making plays. Cole Sarver is a pretty good ball handler, the pressure sometimes gets to him but he does good. David Marrs is a good shooter and a scraper but needs to come off the bench and hit shots. Jordan Bryan is an excellent all around player. Ryan Woodson is soft at times in the paint. Woodson and Brewster also have troubles catching the ball and when Brewster is off he is off but continues to shoot until he atleast makes one shot. This season could be very very good for the G-men but something has got to give around there. I want to come to a game knowing that im going to get my $6 worth. I stated that this is my own opinion and I hope no one is offended by my comments.

does grahams coach have this thing where if one of his players shoot an airball they get benched the rest of the game.. cuz 2 of grahams boys threw up airballs agains tv.. and i never saw them the rest of the game....

Someone else is beginning to figure it out...

Coach carlock makes out his game plan according to what team he plays say for example if you are playing a really big team you might want to go with your big men instead of the guards or if you're playing a fast team you might want to go with your guards instead of your big men. Graham's team this year is very versitile (sp) players on the bench could very well be starters the next game its all in the game plan, and with a player like kyle harris and aj jeffers coming off the bench you always have good players in the game and vice versa if they are starting.

Coach carlock makes out his game plan according to what team he plays say for example if you are playing a really big team you might want to go with your big men instead of the guards or if you're playing a fast team you might want to go with your guards instead of your big men. Graham's team this year is very versitile (sp) players on the bench could very well be starters the next game its all in the game plan, and with a player like kyle harris and aj jeffers coming off the bench you always have good players in the game and vice versa if they are starting.

VERY well said btw who are you .... send me a private msg

Obviously, that plan has worked well...what's his career record as Graham's basketball coach??? And, if those kids can't put the biscuit in the basket, what's the point???

The object of basketball is to put your best players on the floor and score more points than your opponent, not play your fast kids against a fast team or your tall kids against a tall team...when you do that, you limit your team in its ability to put points on the board...

I know that over the Thanksgiving break Kyle and AJ missed some practices which may be the cause of them not starting. As for Palmer he has been having some issues with some injuries. As someone previously stated, starting doesn't matter. They'll play and get enough minutes so that you guys dont have to question the amount of playing time.

Obviously, that plan has worked well...what's his career record as Graham's basketball coach??? And, if those kids can't put the biscuit in the basket, what's the point???

The object of basketball is to put your best players on the floor and score more points than your opponent, not play your fast kids against a fast team or your tall kids against a tall team...when you do that, you limit your team in its ability to put points on the board...

I agree, I would think that you would want to create mis-matches in your favor...Play YOUR game...and not play to the other team's strengths, that makes no sense to me.

Every player on grahams squad is very capable of putting the "biscuit in the basket" And, i am glad that graham dosn't have those selfish players that would cry over playing time. Its not about who starts the game its about who has the most points at the end of the game.

Basketball is game of strategy if you throw something different at a team instead of the same starting 5 then you make that team adjust to what you're doing and make that team play YOUR game.

Every player on grahams squad is very capable of putting the "biscuit in the basket"

Having 5 or 6 players scoring 8 points/game isn't going to win many games, and obviously it hasn't in past years...

And, i am glad that graham dosn't have those selfish players that would cry over playing time.

You're right, no one cries over playing time because its like little league soccer, "everyone gets a trophy" (playing time) regardless of how good or bad they are...

Its not about who starts the game its about who has the most points at the end of the game.

And Graham has rarely had more points than the other team at the end of the game during Coach Carlock's tenure...

Basketball is game of strategy if you throw something different at a team instead of the same starting 5 then you make that team adjust to what you're doing and make that team play YOUR game.

But not having your BEST players in the game puts you at a disadvantage and often puts you behind the eight ball, forcing you to play the OTHER TEAM'S game.

By rotating too many players in and out, the team can never get into a rhythm thus leading to poor offensive production and often, a confused defense that doesn't know who is supposed to guard who or even what defensive set they're supposed to be in...

theres alot of stuff that goes on at practice that not everyone sees and YES im talking about u gman Why are you always putting down coach carlock and the team if you actualy knew half the stuff that goes on u would understand his coaching style and the teams game play. and what do u expect that we win the state championship or something how about u cut them some slack and talk about something they do thats positive instead of getting on here and critizing there ever move

theres alot of stuff that goes on at practice that not everyone sees and YES im talking about u gman Why are you always putting down coach carlock and the team if you actualy knew half the stuff that goes on u would understand his coaching style and the teams game play. and what do u expect that we win the state championship or something how about u cut them some slack and talk about something they do thats positive instead of getting on here and critizing there ever move

It doesnt matter what goes on behind closed doors. What matters is wins and loses. He could be the best coach in virginia but if it doesnt translate into wins then it doesnt matter

It doesnt matter what goes on behind closed doors. What matters is wins and loses. He could be the best coach in virginia but if it doesnt translate into wins then it doesnt matter

Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth...

Numbers don't lie and the results, the end product, speaks for itself. If he, and/or the rest of the team, is satisfied with a losing seasons year after year, then I'm happy that they are achieving THEIR goals...

and what do u expect that we win the state championship or something

At this point, I'd be satisfied with a winning season and finishing in the top half of the worst basketball district in the State of VA...is that too much to ask for????

Winning the state championship should be the goal for every season. Why settle for something other than greatness?

At this point for Graham, winning a State Championship shouldn't even be on their list...a winning season on a regular basis would be a good place to start...

Besides, do you realize just how pathetic the SWD is in basketball???

i do relize it but i just dont know why your always putting graham down but whatever im done agruing you win

I'm not "putting Graham down", I'm only posting the TRUTH. And as I've stated many times on here in the past...lots of folks can't handle the TRUTH!!! Take off the Maroon and Gold glasses, step back, and take a good, long, hard look at the situation...the TRUTH is there, you just have to see it...:cool:...