Bias refs in hurley??

hokiepanther

And they still had a chance to win the game!!!!

Wasnt at the game between Montcalm and Hurley but I did ask the boys coach how the officials were and he said that for his game he thought they were fine, but he was a little worried watching the game before his. Dont know exactly who played before him but it could be the game in question. We play a Virginia school tonight so I hope Im not on here griping about the officials tomorrow. I think that a big part of the home court advantage in high school is officiating.

hurleyman called twin valleys refs bias... but in the tazwell game the other night.. hurley shot 58 foul shots... and tazwell finished the game with 4 players.. people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones...

Some of the calls were questionable, both ways. The Hurley boys shot a lot of free throws, but so did Tazewell. The technicals they were givin, were deserved. It was a very closely called game where even the smallest things were called. I wouldnt say they were biased my no means. Hurley kept their composure and Tazewell didnt that was the difference in the game.

I agree...It was closely called and Hurley kept their composure and Tazewell didnt. Both teams attacked the rim alot but Tazewell had a HUGE percentage of shots that the players were fading away, falling to the side, or just taking horrible off balance shots. Tazewell has the potential to be a decent running team IF and ONLY IF they work on shot selection and can get Taxley down the court. Tax, you have skills but you gotta run the floor man! They were taking DEEP 3's that nobody on that team has the range to hit consistently. Hurley played more fundamentally sound and kept their composure and got themselves a win.

Ref's are only going to listen to it so long and after almost every foul tazewell made a jesture or made a comment about the call. I personally read the lips of the boy on the first Technical and it was deserved.

Some of the calls were questionable, both ways. The Hurley boys shot a lot of free throws, but so did Tazewell. The technicals they were givin, were deserved. It was a very closely called game where even the smallest things were called. I wouldnt say they were biased my no means. Hurley kept their composure and Tazewell didnt that was the difference in the game.

I agree...It was closely called and Hurley kept their composure and Tazewell didnt. Both teams attacked the rim alot but Tazewell had a HUGE percentage of shots that the players were fading away, falling to the side, or just taking horrible off balance shots. Tazewell has the potential to be a decent running team IF and ONLY IF they work on shot selection and can get Taxley down the court. Tax, you have skills but you gotta run the floor man! They were taking DEEP 3's that nobody on that team has the range to hit consistently. Hurley played more fundamentally sound and kept their composure and got themselves a win.

Ref's are only going to listen to it so long and after almost every foul tazewell made a jesture or made a comment about the call. I personally read the lips of the boy on the first Technical and it was deserved.

I wasn't at the game but I heard that one of the technicals called on Brandon Pauley was after the fact that he was tackled going up for a lay-up. If Brandon is running his mouth then I would think it is pretty bad. Im not sayin that just cause im from Tazewell either. Pauley is a great kid and a great athlete.

Yea it was biased. I played in the game, I know. The whole game i got pulled down by my jersey when i tried to jump, elbows in the ribs, chest all this nonsense. How many fouls did Hurley have called on them for it? 0. But me, I fouled out in the 3rd quarter. Figure that? But whatever there's no excuses to be made about, we just gotta play better. We are a way better team than we've been showing, and I know sooner or later we're gonna start proving it.

i can see this from both sides.. you gotta keep your composure.. if our guys had lost there heads against Sullivan Central, they wouldve taken them all out in handcuffs.. but then again.. refs can test a fans temper.. so i can only imagine what that does to a player who thinks he's being cheated...

• 2 weeks later...

This whole thing seems to be everywhere in the last few years. I can't seem to understand why refs can't just go out and call a game down the middle like they are getting paid to do. I do understand that we as fans from our point of view may see things that the official doesn't but I have seen many blatant fouls ignored even when they happen directly in front of officials. I like my teams to win but not because the refs helped, and likewise I don't like losing but I can't stand it knowing that the game was close and we were getting bad calls the whole time. I think we should make a thread to post pictures of refs who made consistantly bad calls whether our teams won or lost. This way we can weigh in on our experiences with each particular ref.

I guess the refs made the other guys use profanities towards an official and have to be restrained by coach walker too? No matter how bad refs are you cant lose your head like your entire team did.

Kids a hothead everybody knows that, regardless it was horrible called game. But like i said earlier, it doesnt matter its in the past