Alabama gettin smacked right now

neva_scarred

Here's my short analysis:

1. Bama didn't catch balls they should have caught.

2. Bama didn't tackle. Utah's guys ran right through Bama's guys.

3. Bama didn't block 240 lb. defensive linemen with their 300 pound offensive linemen.

4. Bama came out extremely lathargic and flat. Utah wanted it more.

5. Johnson and Jackson, Bama's db's, had horrible games covering and tackling.

6. Play calling was terrible. When they blitz, call a screen pass!

7. No pressure on Utah's QB. He had all day to throw.

8. JPW looked like the JPW of 2007...panic stricken.

9. Bama sorely missed Andre' Smith.

This was the worst game Bama played all season by far. Who knows why they weren't ready, but the Tide was flat, and not ready to play. That's coaching, folks. I love CNS, but these guys weren't ready to play a hungry Utah team. They pushed Bama around all night. They were faster and played with more intensity. If Bama can play a great Florida team down to the wire, there's no reason why they shouldn't have beaten this team. The rust from the layoff showed on Bama, but not on Utah. They had something to prove, and they proved it.

In searching for a positive note, the future for Alabama looks promising.

Edited by blueinbama

Here's my short analysis:

1. Bama didn't catch balls they should have caught.

2. Bama didn't tackle. Utah's guys ran right through Bama's guys.

3. Bama didn't block 240 lb. defensive linemen with their 300 pound offensive linemen.

4. Bama came out extremely lathargic and flat. Utah wanted it more.

5. Johnson and Jackson, Bama's db's, had horrible games covering and tackling.

6. Play calling was terrible. When they blitz, call a screen pass!

7. No pressure on Utah's QB. He had all day to throw.

8. JPW looked like the JPW of 2007...panic stricken.

9. Bama sorely missed Andre' Smith.

This was the worst game Bama played all season by far. Who knows why they weren't ready, but the Tide was flat, and not ready to play. That's coaching, folks. I love CNS, but these guys weren't ready to play a hungry Utah team. They pushed Bama around all night. They were faster and played with more intensity. If Bama can play a great Florida team down to the wire, there's no reason why they shouldn't have beaten this team. The rust from the layoff showed on Bama, but not on Utah. They had something to prove, and they proved it.

In searching for a positive note, the future for Alabama looks promising.

10. Bama got kicked in the mouth and wilted like a flower in a the desert.

I didn't think Utah belonged in this game going in, but now I firmly believe that they should end the season ranked #2 behind the Okla./Florida winner.

I liked one of the announcer's comments during the games:

"Alabama looks like they want to be playing in the National Championship game...Utah looks like they want to be playing in the Sugar Bowl."

That pretty much summed it up...'bama didn't show up ready to play in the Sugar Bowl and Utah did...

I agree. Bama looked like they were on vacation. Great job coach of the year. I hope Foster's crew can harrass JPW that bad in nine months in Atlanta.

Lets start a petition, Utah for champion! They deserve it as much as anyone else.

I agree. Bama looked like they were on vacation. Great job coach of the year. I hope Foster's crew can harrass JPW that bad in nine months in Atlanta.

Lets start a petition, Utah for champion! They deserve it as much as anyone else.

Wilson is a senior, he won't be around in 2009.

I'm not a real Alabama fan (that is until Star Jackson takes the helm) but JPW leaving is one of the better things for college football. Everyone talks about him like he is some God of football and I have never, ever been impressed with him. He's horrible. Hopefully the Alabama faithful can move on from their love affair with JPW to something better with McElroy and Jackson in the future.

I'm not a real Alabama fan (that is until Star Jackson takes the helm) but JPW leaving is one of the better things for college football. Everyone talks about him like he is some God of football and I have never, ever been impressed with him. He's horrible. Hopefully the Alabama faithful can move on from their love affair with JPW to something better with McElroy and Jackson in the future.

Good lord man what have you been reading? The Alabama faithful have never thought of JPW as being some kind of god. If anything, JPW has been much maligned during his entire career at Bama. This season JPW, notwithstanding this last game, has not made the mistakes he has made in previous years, and has matured as a QB. But never has he been considered even close to being one of the best qb's in the SEC, much less elevate him to "godlike" status. I don't know who you've been listening to, but whoever has been feeding you this crap that Bama fans consider JPW a god is full of it. As a matter of fact, most Bama fans think if Bama had a mobile qb that could throw, Alabama would have won the NC this season. JPW was off the mark on his throws more than he was on this season. He just didn't throw many interceptions like he has in the past. With a qb like Matt Stafford of Georgia or Snead of Ole Miss, things could have been even better. Trust me on this...I live it every day, 24-7, 365.

Edited by blueinbama

Good lord man what have you been reading? The Alabama faithful have never thought of JPW as being some kind of god. If anything, JPW has been much maligned during his entire career at Bama. This season JPW, notwithstanding this last game, has not made the mistakes he has made in previous years, and has matured as a QB. But never has he been considered even close to being one of the best qb's in the SEC, much less elevate him to "godlike" status. I don't know who you've been listening to, but whoever has been feeding you this crap that Bama fans consider JPW a god is full of it. As a matter of fact, most Bama fans think if Bama had a mobile qb that could throw, Alabama would have won the NC this season. JPW was off the mark on his throws more than he was on this season. He just didn't throw many interceptions like he has in the past. With a qb like Matt Stafford of Georgia or Snead of Ole Miss, things could have been even better. Trust me on this...I live it every day, 24-7, 365.

Alright I have just seen a lot of stuff on the internet and such of Alabama fans, sports analysts, whoever, just praising JPW and I always wondered why? Anyway, I'm very glad you're not one of them.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

My roommate is from Alabama and he thinks JPW is a god.

He isnt very smart either. I mean I know plenty of girls that have more knowledge of sports than him.

I guess its all about who you listen to...

My roommate is from Alabama and he thinks JPW is a god.

He isnt very smart either. I mean I know plenty of girls that have more knowledge of sports than him.

I guess its all about who you listen to...

Maybe he has a man crush...lol. Seriously, I'm glad JPW is graduating. I'm thankful for the workman-like effort this season, and the "new improved" John Parker Wilson being more controlled and less reckless, but I'm ready to move on.

Star Jackson (6'3, 195) will compete for the QB job with Greg McElroy (6-3, 218) and recruit AJ McCarron (6'4, 180), Thomas Darrah (6'5, 212), along with Morgan Ogilve (6'0, 185) and Robert Ezell (5'9, 163). The QB position at Bama is more solid than it has ever been for the future...I just hope it translates to 2009 rather than two or three years from now. Regardless, the future looks very promising.

Maybe he has a man crush...lol. Seriously, I'm glad JPW is graduating. I'm thankful for the workman-like effort this season, and the "new improved" John Parker Wilson being more controlled and less reckless, but I'm ready to move on.

Star Jackson (6'3, 195) will compete for the QB job with Greg McElroy (6-3, 218) and recruit AJ McCarron (6'4, 180), Thomas Darrah (6'5, 212), along with Morgan Ogilve (6'0, 185) and Robert Ezell (5'9, 163). The QB position at Bama is more solid than it has ever been for the future...I just hope it translates to 2009 rather than two or three years from now. Regardless, the future looks very promising.

I really cant wait for Star to get the job. Knowing his situation, where he comes from, and what he did at the high school level with little to work with and against south Florida competition, he is truly a special talent. I hope Saban utilizes him like he has his former dual threat quarterbacks when his time comes to lead the Tide.

I liked one of the announcer's comments during the games:

"Alabama looks like they want to be playing in the National Championship game...Utah looks like they want to be playing in the Sugar Bowl."

That pretty much summed it up...'bama didn't show up ready to play in the Sugar Bowl and Utah did...

Saban pretty much said the exact same thing afterward.

And it's spot on.

Saban pretty much said the exact same thing afterward.

And it's spot on.

I agree...that's why Alabama is not national championship caliber...not yet anyway. I despise Florida, but they've got the "eye of the tiger" right now, and I don't think there is a team in the country that can beat them. Ole Miss was their wakeup call. If that loss had come later, it would have knocked them out of their opportunity. It came at the perfect time for them. Tim Tebow is unbelievable.

I agree...that's why Alabama is not national championship caliber...not yet anyway. I despise Florida, but they've got the "eye of the tiger" right now, and I don't think there is a team in the country that can beat them. Ole Miss was their wakeup call. If that loss had come later, it would have knocked them out of their opportunity. It came at the perfect time for them. Tim Tebow is unbelievable.

I definitely agree that the Ole Miss loss was a Grade-A wake-up call.

But I just believe that Oklahoma's a lot better than the media's giving them credit for.

I definitely agree that the Ole Miss loss was a Grade-A wake-up call.

But I just believe that Oklahoma's a lot better than the media's giving them credit for.

I agree. Oklahoma will give Florida all they can handle. Alabama gave Florida all they could handle. Bama was up going into the 4th quarter, but Tebow put the team on his back and they rode him to victory. He was not going to be denied. I think Oklahoma's defense will be their undoing.