OL SERGIO RENDER

OL ED WANG

OL BLAKE DECHRISTOPHER

OTHER NOTABLES

RB JOSH OGLESBY

RB KENNY LEWIS JR

RB RYAN WILLIAMS

WR BRANDON DILLARD INJURED IN PRESEASON

DEPTH AT QUARTERBACK IS THE NUMBER ONE CONCERN GOING IN WITH GREG BOONE AND JOSEPH CLAYTON BEING POSSIBLE BACKUPS. OTHER NOTABLES ARE SAM WHEELER AND ANDRE SMITH BOTH RETURNING AT TIGHT END.

3 OTHER RUNNING BACKS WILL PROBABLY BE REDSHIRTED, TONY GREGORY OUT OF FORK UNION, NUBIAN PEAK FROM PULASKI AND DAVID WILSON FROM GW DANVILLE, THE NUMBER ONE PICK FROM VIRGINIA.

TECH WILL HAVE A TOUGH EARLY SCHEDULE WITH ALABAMA,MARSHALL,NEBRASKA AND EAST CAROLINA:rolleyes:

THERE ARE ALSO SEVERAL NOTABLE BACKUPS AT OTHER POSITIONS AND TALENT THAT NEEDS TO BE HARNESSED. TECH WILL HAVE TALENT AND DEPTH NEXT YEAR. IF TECH WOULD HAVE MADE HALF THE MISTAKES AGAINST KANSAS, AUBURN AND GEORGIA, THEY WOULD HAVE WON THOSE GAMES GOING AWAY! THIS GROUP KIND OF REMINDS ME OF THE GROUP THAT WON AGAINST TEXAS IN THE SUGAR BOWL EXCEPT WITH MORE TALENT. THEY TEND TO SHUT UP AND PLAY!:eek:

be in the RB position for VT. Both likely to move to the defensive side of the ball. Next season could be pretty good, depending on the two main factors:

1) Can TT go a complete game without getting dinged up. There is no proven QB behind him this year; and

2) Can Stiney and the other offensive coaches actually put together some cohesive game plans for an entire season. People are euphoric now over the OB win (and rightfully so), but we are also just 3 games removed from one of the most anemic offensive performance in all of college football (the Duke game). The OB game was a very good game for VT, but certainly wasn't a "great" game, and people are getting caught up in that now in thinking that VT will challenge for the NC next year. Expectations need to be seriously tempered.

be in the RB position for VT. Both likely to move to the defensive side of the ball. Next season could be pretty good, depending on the two main factors:

1) Can TT go a complete game without getting dinged up. There is no proven QB behind him this year; and

2) Can Stiney and the other offensive coaches actually put together some cohesive game plans for an entire season. People are euphoric now over the OB win (and rightfully so), but we are also just 3 games removed from one of the most anemic offensive performance in all of college football (the Duke game). The OB game was a very good game for VT, but certainly wasn't a "great" game, and people are getting caught up in that now in thinking that VT will challenge for the NC next year. Expectations need to be seriously tempered.

Hahaha, "the most anemic offensive performance in all of college football". I'm going to have to agree with that superlative. As for next season, I think it's reasonable to expect another 10 win season. Defense should be solid, even if Foster gets hired somewhere else, and our offense should be at least half way competent. Either way, I'm elated with the way this season turned out.

As much as I hate to crash this festival of hope and dreams, that's what I have to do here.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is how much better the ACC will be next season. This conference was VERY young this season, and you have anywhere from 10-12 teams who, on their face, will be vastly improved next season. In the Coastal alone, you have Miami/UNC (who are recruiting out of their minds) and GT (who has a very solid football mind at the helm). On the other side, you have NC State (my pick for their division next year: solid talent + excellent coach), FSU (bringing in all those Florida recruits), WF (Grobe = fantastic coach), and Clemson (always recruits well).

VT will be much improved, I guarantee. But, it's not like you're the only ones this season. And with that massive liability at OC, I could see an agonizing heartbreak next year. Think of it this way: you have a better team, but you have a worse postseason destination.