Graham's Fan Support

dreason

I went to watch Graham play Twin Valley tonight and I could not believe the lack of fan support for Graham's basketball team. They have a good basketball team and they are very scrappy. Their record was 6-2 coming into this game and I bet there wasn't 50 fans there. People in the Bluefield Virginia Community need to get behind those kids and support them. They play with a lot of heart and determination. I will definately be back to watch Graham play.

GMan,

I know that you are pretty hard on the hoops program at Graham, but take my word for it they are much improved and moving in the right direction.

good luck

Well, to be honest, I'm pretty hard on all the SWD teams...it just seems as if I'm harder on Graham since its my alma mater.

Until they (all the SWD teams) can prove to me that they can compete and beat teams OUTSIDE the district, other than some of the weaker Class A schools, I'll probably continue my "bashing" of the poor display of basketball in the Southwest District...

i remember like my freshman year which was ahmads senior year, you were lucky to find a seat when you went to watch them, and the student section was really big but ever since then it seems like each year it gets smaller and smaller, i went to the graham bluefield game this year and graham didnt even have a student section.

i go to graham and i go to every game and i am very dissapointed in the student section. after ahmads senior year it started declining and declining. i get so mad b/c a bunch of ppl at my skool just do crack and get drunk on the days of games. i bet on ahmads senior year some students got drunk and came to the games but at least there coming to the game lol

i remember like my freshman year which was ahmads senior year, you were lucky to find a seat when you went to watch them, and the student section was really big but ever since then it seems like each year it gets smaller and smaller, i went to the graham bluefield game this year and graham didnt even have a student section.

didnt have a student section, then what was those rows of kids down there with the flags who yelled the who game

When Graham played Bluefield at Bluefield State there was no student section. I was at that game. I don't know what you're talking about.

the guy was referring to the football game i thought

and graham had exams that week so it was hard for some students to come to the game

Well, to be honest, I'm pretty hard on all the SWD teams...it just seems as if I'm harder on Graham since its my alma mater.

Until they (all the SWD teams) can prove to me that they can compete and beat teams OUTSIDE the district, other than some of the weaker Class A schools, I'll probably continue my "bashing" of the poor display of basketball in the Southwest District...

Understood!

the student section at graham is indescribable. i need to give them a schedule and tell them that there arent 3 or 4 games in a season, there are 24 so why didnt you come to the twin valley game or the basset game. they only go to both tazewell games, 1 richlands game, and 1 bluefield game. way to support the team. this is why im dissapointed in my school's school spirit

the student section at graham is indescribable. i need to give them a schedule and tell them that there arent 3 or 4 games in a season, there are 24 so why didnt you come to the twin valley game or the basset game. they only go to both tazewell games, 1 richlands game, and 1 bluefield game. way to support the team. this is why im dissapointed in my school's school spirit

you get 'em g20man