school closings?

fieldgeneral

side roads covered in blfd area big time right now...but would not consider it real bad by no means....mercer looks to stay open...they know tomm is a 90% chance of a snow day.

looks like the calm before the storm! bring it on!

I've my kid's medicine, food, and tons of movies / games.

looks like the calm before the storm! bring it on!

I've my kid's medicine, food, and tons of movies / games.

i say we get half of what they were calling for I say will on get an inch or two....corey usually is wrong anyways....they will cancel winter storm warning and just make it and advisory later this evening.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts!

Come on guys, dont be a negative nancy!

Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts!

Come on guys, dont be a negative nancy!

radar shows just bands of lake effect....nothing big for this area....depends on where you live really Quinwood and flat top will recieve nice snow for the rest of us bank on around 2 inches avg. It is not coming together as the models told corey and the fellas. I pray I am wrong,,,,just another gut feeling!

radar shows just bands of lake effect....nothing big for this area....depends on where you live really Quinwood and flat top will recieve nice snow for the rest of us bank on around 2 inches avg. It is not coming together as the models told corey and the fellas. I pray I am wrong,,,,just another gut feeling!

Just two inches? Some of us got that last yesterday alone. haha

There's a little disturbance diving down into the area and beginning to interact with the mountains. Believe things are really supposed to pick up tonight after the front kicks through and northwest winds pick up. Some of the heavier showers/bands you get under can put down some pretty heavy bursts quickly. (3 inches in 2 hours from one in Indianapolis this morning). Snow ratios should be high due to the cold temps and they're indicating there's a lot of lift with this and some instability over the region.

Edited by Beamerball
Spelling

There's a little disturbance diving down into the area and beginning to interact with the mountains. Believe things are really supposed to pick up tonight after the front kicks through and northwest winds pick up. Some of the heavier showers/bands you get under can put down some pretty heavy bursts quickly. (3 inches in 2 hours from one in Indianapolis this morning). Snow ratios should be high due to the cold temps and they're indicating there's a lot of lift with this and some instability over the region.

Correct...and with this "arctic" air mass, you can expect a thorough "wringing out" of the moisture in the atmosphere...that is where the 3"-8" of snow will come from (the higher amounts will be in the higher elevations and westward/northwestward facing slopes)...

Correct...and with this "arctic" air mass, you can expect a thorough "wringing out" of the moisture in the atmosphere...that is where the 3"-8" of snow will come from (the higher amounts will be in the higher elevations and westward/northwestward facing slopes)...

This just in Tazewell County schools are closed until March 17