A-Rod busted for steroids

neva_scarred

Anything else to tarnish him is fine by me. I can't stand A-Rod. He is an outstanding baseball player, easily top 3 active and a future HOF, but his antics are just pathetic.

And I love how this comes out now when he tested positive in 2003. I haven't read too much into it but it seems like someone was trying to cover up the golden boy of baseball.

u still think he'll be HOF with the roids violation?

How can they violate him when they didn't even care then..... Something that happened years ago, they should had done something then, it's in the past so piss on it.

Alex Rodriguez, 1996: http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/autographed/memorabilia/sports/collectibles/authentic/Baseball/Alex_Rodriguez_SI_MID.jpg

Alex Rodriguez, 2008: http://www.sportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/arod.jpg

I can sure tell the difference in these two.

Baseball's becoming a complete and absolute sham. Start barring players for life upon the first positive test for anabolic steroids. That'd open some eyes, I guarantee it.

The test were supposed to never have been released so if i were him i would want to know who gave them the information. I can not stand how the media makes such a big deal about roids i myself have no problem with it you know they they are taking them it is not like it is some huge secret. My biggest problem with the whole roids thing is why in the world did congress get involved at the start of the whole thing they put these players on trial and say did you take steroids what if they say yes what happens to them do they get put in jail or what this whole thing is to humiliate the players.

The test were supposed to never have been released so if i were him i would want to know who gave them the information. I can not stand how the media makes such a big deal about roids i myself have no problem with it you know they they are taking them it is not like it is some huge secret. My biggest problem with the whole roids thing is why in the world did congress get involved at the start of the whole thing they put these players on trial and say did you take steroids what if they say yes what happens to them do they get put in jail or what this whole thing is to humiliate the players.

I completely agree Rhs every player takes them it is just the good ones that get caught for example everyone knew bonds was taking them but didnt try to bust him till after he broke the record are they just tring to humiliate him or what i dont understand what their problem with steriods are anyway

Even though you may not have a problem with it, there are MANY people who do, myself included. And there are enough who care for this to blow up to epic proportions.

Congress was very well within their rights to get involved here. Using steroids is highly illegal, obviously. And the illegal trafficking of steroids is a BIG issue in interstate commerce. Congress has the powers to tax and spend, and in no uncertain terms has the "power of the pursestrings" granted it by the Constitution. This is easily within Congress's domain, though what the public sees is: "Oh no, they're coming after our baseball players, what's the country coming to?!?!" But the basis is valid.

I find a little fault in your pictures, Observer. Sure, I hate A-Rod as much as anyone, but the first picture you showed was one of him just three years out of high school. Now, 12 years later, of course he'll be bigger. I've seen many times where A-Rod has one of the toughest work ethics in the weightroom out there, so I don't believe the pictures you showed can account for any steroid use.

I find a little fault in your pictures, Observer. Sure, I hate A-Rod as much as anyone, but the first picture you showed was one of him just three years out of high school. Now, 12 years later, of course he'll be bigger. I've seen many times where A-Rod has one of the toughest work ethics in the weightroom out there, so I don't believe the pictures you showed can account for any steroid use.

I mean look at Barry Bonds as a rookie and look at him now.

post-716-137723137226_thumb.jpg

post-716-13772313723_thumb.jpg

Fair enough, and your point's well taken.

Part of it is that I have to show a picture from very early in his career to give an accurate time lapse over the course of his career. Part of it is that I had a high degree of difficulty of finding a picture of Rodriguez that showed his full body. Part of it is that the designer steroid he used has the main priority of burning fat.

But regardless, let's say that he's 21 in that picture. Of course, he'd be able to bulk up somewhat. But to make it sound like his muscles aren't close to fully developed isn't entirely accurate, either.

u still think he'll be HOF with the roids violation?

I believe that because of the unknown dangers and the "legality" of performance enhancing drugs during past couple decades, the MLB will eventually come to accept some, not all (i.e. Bonds, Clemens pending judicial trials), of the perceived players on the Mitchell Report into Cooperstown at some point in time. Not so much the records being broken today, but more so the era in which we are witnessing right now should be marked with an asterisk. That's about as fair as you can cut the pie. I think we are only in the beginning stages of the corruption of professional baseball.

Alex Rodriguez, 1996: http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/autographed/memorabilia/sports/collectibles/authentic/Baseball/Alex_Rodriguez_SI_MID.jpg

Alex Rodriguez, 2008: http://www.sportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/arod.jpg

I can sure tell the difference in these two.

Baseball's becoming a complete and absolute sham. Start barring players for life upon the first positive test for anabolic steroids. That'd open some eyes, I guarantee it.

Then they didn't have the rules for steroids. So big deal get over it.

Then they didn't have the rules for steroids. So big deal get over it.

Did you read my previous post at the top of Page 2? I specifically said that I had incredible difficulty in finding a picture early in Rodriguez's career that displayed his whole body (or close to it). And by early, I means the first half.

Big whoop, his positive test was in 2003. This year was directly the stimulus leading to the new rule. That's precisely the issue: it doesn't matter if it was against MLB policy (which is choke-roped and made far behind the times by the MLBPA, anyway); it matters for the integrity and the sake of baseball. Plus, it was illegal the entire time.

Edited by UVAObserver

The whole steroid issue has made me not even want to watch baseball anymore. Theres only one thing that gets me on this whole point. When these player took these tests there were supposed to be anonymous. So if you going to release his name the other 103 players names need to be released. I would be curious to see the other names on this list. But he shouldn't be penalized because it happened during an era were there was alot of Performance Enhancing Drugs being taken by players. The bad thing is you can buy stuff that shows up on these tests at GNC. If its illegal in sports you shouldn't be able to buy it over the counter in my opinion. Until they come up with whats legal and whats not then this is going to happen over and over again.

The whole steroid issue has made me not even want to watch baseball anymore. Theres only one thing that gets me on this whole point. When these player took these tests there were supposed to be anonymous. So if you going to release his name the other 103 players names need to be released. I would be curious to see the other names on this list. But he shouldn't be penalized because it happened during an era were there was alot of Performance Enhancing Drugs being taken by players. The bad thing is you can buy stuff that shows up on these tests at GNC. If its illegal in sports you shouldn't be able to buy it over the counter in my opinion. Until they come up with whats legal and whats not then this is going to happen over and over again.

That's why baseball bans GNC-like substances that even show up positive on drug tests.

But I disagree on just one small thing: steroids have been illegal the whole time. The MLBPA has so neutered the commissioners and governing bodies that they have a cloak of immunity when the players take illegal (not just disallowed) substances. They should be penalized strictly on the fact that there actions were felonies.

You are quick to judge those that have taken them if you would stop to think maybe they had reasons for the things they did right or wrong. Step back and just think about what was going on for at the start of this era of baseball a few guys took them and they started getting attention because they were hitting home runs and making the highlights after a while owners of the teams wanted more out of the players and if you are already giving it everything you have and they want more you have to find another way to get what they want. I would be willing to bet that most of the players that are caught up in this did it to save there job because had they not been willing to do it the team would have just found someone that was willing to do it and they would have been out of a job. Once again i do not agree with it but i can understand why they would do it not all players did it to save there job but id be willing to be alot of them did.

The only "reason" to use steroids is medical. Any other use is against the law. A-Rod and all the other pro athletes using PED are not only cheating but they're sending a message to kids that this is what you have to do. A-Rod and the other 103 players on that list need to be banned for life.

That will never happen of course as long as Bud Selig is in charge. He needs to be sent back to ownerville and replaced with someone who will put the integrity of the game before the owners wallets. That of course won't happen either. Baseball had such a commissioner until the owners replaced him with one of their own.

Are you kidding me Big D banned for life he took this test back in 03 it was not supposed to get out they just wanted to know how many players were on something and the public was to never know who they were and now they leak his name and you want him banned for life give me a break that is about like if you were caught speeding back in 98 and they give you the ticket for it today it just does not make any sence whoever leaked the story should be the one punished not the players that are on that list yes it was wrong but we have no proof he has done it since that time. Banned for life is way to strong in my opinion.