No mafia

tazrunner

i was reading one of the previous threads that talked about how they were gonna be there aso be ready for them...and then not show up i did hear that some of the parentswent to the school board and complained about them so maybe Mrs.Lawson took car of it

i was reading one of the previous threads that talked about how they were gonna be there aso be ready for them...and then not show up i did hear that some of the parentswent to the school board and complained about them so maybe Mrs.Lawson took car of it

I wasn't at Tazewell Tuesday but it's my understanding that they followed all rules set forth. I don't know if anyone who's running to Brenda Lawson realizes it or not but it's going to lead to a student section ban at all three county high schools. Not just Richlands.

The problem isn't "The Mafia" or anything they've said. The problem is people taking it personally. It's not personal. It's just a bunch of kids having fun and trying to bring a big game college atmosphere to the SWD. What's so wrong with that? It makes things fun and exciting. Just lighten up and participate with your own student section.

I do hope they're there tonight, and the Canes players to be able to handle them. Let the kids be kids.

BTW, I heard some older man grabbed a Marion player by the neck last night at the stands. The kid had jumped up to cheer a dunk. Whatever his reasons (unless his life was in peril or something), he should have never touched a minor. I also heard this adult is banned from watching tonight's game.

The problem isn't "The Mafia" or anything they've said. The problem is people taking it personally.

No BigD...the problem is "The Mafia" making it personal with the content of what they say...even if its only one, it reflects on the whole group...you know about that "one bad apple" thing don't you...

That's the thing though. No one has heard these comments except the one(s) making the accusations. They went to Tazewell Tuesday and followed all the rules... yet Tazewell parents are still running to Brenda Lawson? She has more important things to worry about. What do you think she's going to do when her phone won't stop ringing despite the fact the kids are following the rules SHE gave them? Well, I hope everyone likes the sound of bouncing balls and squeaky shoes.

so i went to the graham game last night and noticed richlands mafia wasn't there whats up with that did they get in trouble for their actions against tazewell??

The mafia had a hit in New Jersey last night. Vinnie and the boys should be back and pulling up in the Tahoes and Caddy's right before game time!

That's the thing though. No one has heard these comments except the one(s) making the accusations. They went to Tazewell Tuesday and followed all the rules... yet Tazewell parents are still running to Brenda Lawson? She has more important things to worry about. What do you think she's going to do when her phone won't stop ringing despite the fact the kids are following the rules SHE gave them? Well, I hope everyone likes the sound of bouncing balls and squeaky shoes.

I mean, its not like it bothered me or anything because I think i play better with people hounding me, but im pretty sure some of the comments made toward me or brandon pauley tuesday were kinda innapropriate. I know its all fun and games, and it made me laugh, but people in the crowd took offense to the way they attack players. I understand the mafia is there to create a raw atmosphere, which they do, but some people dont understand what they are all about.

There's plenty more to be heard than bouncing ball and squeaky shoes.......in your case, its the snap of the camera....haha.....

Yes, they way the mafia attacks individuals personally is the problem...........I can name 6 people they personally attacked Tuesday in Tazewell...ranging from players to coaches and even to fans

Cheering for your team is great and encouraging but when the whole object of your group is to harass and attack other people affiliated with the opposing team then I think there is a problem.

The Mafia is a good thing for Richlands unfortunately they've turned it into a bad thing.

but i understand where ppl are coming from but they have to understand richlands vs taz. is the UNC Duke Boston NY it does get a lil testy but its for the fun of the rivalry but we did follow all guidlines set buy our principals so idk i dont rly care im not gonna make a huge deal outta this ppl are entitled to their opinions and i respect that

I wasn't at Tazewell Tuesday but it's my understanding that they followed all rules set forth. I don't know if anyone who's running to Brenda Lawson realizes it or not but it's going to lead to a student section ban at all three county high schools. Not just Richlands.

The problem isn't "The Mafia" or anything they've said. The problem is people taking it personally. It's not personal. It's just a bunch of kids having fun and trying to bring a big game college atmosphere to the SWD. What's so wrong with that? It makes things fun and exciting. Just lighten up and participate with your own student section.

Your right the problem is NOT the Mafia nor the kids in the Mafia -- the problem is that no one wants to control their content or behaviors. The reason for this is that so many Richlands 'old timer fans' have acted like them and worse for more than 25 years, and that their principal doesn't want to upset these kids parents because these parents are for the most part influencial people in Richlands.

I was at Tuesday's game -- and the Mafia did in fact verbally assault a fan [and student athletes]-- this fan then returned with a double flying of the bird -- I was standing in the doorway just behind where THS and RHS principal's were seated next to one another -- THS' principal immediately jumped up and ran across the floor and made this fan leave -- RHS' prinicpal sat and did nothing -- Although it is my understanding from some of the kids in the Mafia that she had called them to the office that very day and told them any personal attacks and you will be suspended -- You see the problem here is The Mafia DOES NOT respect her and she is allowing them to disrespect other -- hence making Richlands High School look bad.

It also bothers me that members of the mafia - admittedly do not come to basketball games to support their team -- they come to raise a little cane. They choose not to come when they are not allowed to go beyond the limits -- they have also admitted that Richlands is not a basketball town -- in Richlands it's all about football.

I do hope they're there tonight, and the Canes players to be able to handle them. Let the kids be kids.

BTW, I heard some older man grabbed a Marion player by the neck last night at the stands. The kid had jumped up to cheer a dunk. Whatever his reasons (unless his life was in peril or something), he should have never touched a minor. I also heard this adult is banned from watching tonight's game.

looks like the area adults are getting out of hand.. friday night after the tv vs. hurley bdd tournament game.. a lady out of the hurley crowd walked across the floor and threw an open bottle of water onto twin valleys student section.. it was kinda funny.. and its been said that the mafia has no class.. lol at least they dont throw water on people..

Yes, they way the mafia attacks individuals personally is the problem...........I can name 6 people they personally attacked Tuesday in Tazewell...ranging from players to coaches and even to fans

ok so. maybe you have been out of high school too long and forgot so let me remind you. THAT IS THE POINT OF A STUDENT SECTION. with the things they said im really REALLY glad none of you heard what i was saying when i led the student section and what was said when Ahmad was a student section. the point of a student section is to GET IN THE HEADS OF THE OPPOSING TEAMS. meaning players and yes even coaches. the fan thing. that is iffy. if its toward a fan in the student section i can see. but singling out someone just sittin there enjoying the game is ridiculous. but thats the only problem i see with that. i hope none of you complaining about them go to a college game.

ok so. maybe you have been out of high school too long and forgot so let me remind you. THAT IS THE POINT OF A STUDENT SECTION. with the things they said im really REALLY glad none of you heard what i was saying when i led the student section and what was said when Ahmad was a student section. the point of a student section is to GET IN THE HEADS OF THE OPPOSING TEAMS. meaning players and yes even coaches. the fan thing. that is iffy. if its toward a fan in the student section i can see. but singling out someone just sittin there enjoying the game is ridiculous. but thats the only problem i see with that. i hope none of you complaining about them go to a college game.

I'm going to disagree with you. The point of a student section is to come and support your team. Not talk crap to the other team. Even though that's mostly what we did when I was in high school.

First off the point of a student section is support your team and it is ok to distract or get into the heads of the other team, but there is no need to say harmful things at players and fans.

And the student section was awful when you led it, you would have to go outside at halftime for a smoke break, and everyone ended up sitting by the 4th quarter.

First off the point of a student section is support your team and it is ok to distract or get into the heads of the other team, but there is no need to say harmful things at players and fans.

And the student section was awful when you led it, you would have to go outside at halftime for a smoke break, and everyone ended up sitting by the 4th quarter.

haha i only did that at a few games. and we only ended up sitting either cause O'Neal would make us (which he did at quite a few games) or we were getting destroyed and wouldnt have anything to go with. the student section when i was a senior was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the student section this year. we actually did chants that werent "Gimme a G" during the game and in between quarters. we were actually coordinated. the student sections at games this year i have attended disgust me. Richlands has the only student section that actually get into the game. when there is a block at a Graham game i dont hear "Swat Team" or anything like that. it pumps the players up to get into the games and chant during the games. i dont even hear something as simple as "Airball" after an airball. if you want to prove me wrong and you are still in high school then show me at the game tomorrow that the student section doesnt suck.

haha i only did that at a few games. and we only ended up sitting either cause O'Neal would make us (which he did at quite a few games) or we were getting destroyed and wouldnt have anything to go with. the student section when i was a senior was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the student section this year. we actually did chants that werent "Gimme a G" during the game and in between quarters. we were actually coordinated. the student sections at games this year i have attended disgust me. Richlands has the only student section that actually get into the game. when there is a block at a Graham game i dont hear "Swat Team" or anything like that. it pumps the players up to get into the games and chant during the games. i dont even hear something as simple as "Airball" after an airball. if you want to prove me wrong and you are still in high school then show me at the game tomorrow that the student section doesnt suck.

You will be surprised tonight...all I have to say