Report: Vick OK'd for home confinement

BigBlueAlum

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3936529

RICHMOND, Va. -- A government official says imprisoned NFL star Michael Vick has been approved for release to home confinement.

Vick's lawyers have said they expected him to be moved any day into a halfway house in Newport News, Va. But the official says there's no bed space, so Vick could be released to his Hampton, Va. home as soon as May 21st.

The official has knowledge of the case but requested anonymity because the individual was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The official says Vick will be on electronic monitoring and will only be allowed to leave home for activities approved by his probation officer.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback is serving a 23-month sentence at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., for a dogfighting conspiracy.

yeah - I just saw that too..... maybe all my autographed Vick stuff will get value again one day -- hahaha

I think he'll end up playing somewhere. he's too talented not to. I hope he's learned his lesson... I couldn't imagine that he would go right back to those stupid decisions (even though we hear about repeat offenders all the time)

yeah - I just saw that too..... maybe all my autographed Vick stuff will get value again one day -- hahaha

I think he'll end up playing somewhere. he's too talented not to. I hope he's learned his lesson... I couldn't imagine that he would go right back to those stupid decisions (even though we hear about repeat offenders all the time)

Does the NFL impose any other suspensions?

Doesn't Atlanta hold his rights? If so, what do they do with them? Maybe Detroit is going to make a move and trade their number 1 pic for the rights to Vick. I doubt it, but hey who knows. It would be better than drafting another rookie and ruining his career by throwing him in before he is ready.

He's a great athlete, so someone will take a chance on him, but if he even farts the wrong way, I'd say Goodell might say Goodbye.

Atlanta does still have him under contract, but they are looking to just release him. supposedly, the niners and vikings are looking at him.

and I agree that Goodell will probably keep an eye on him, sort of a short leash, you could say -- hahaha

This has probably been mulled over on this board before my time and I like animals and all but I was also a big Vick fan. Granted his implications in the ring were heinous, I sorta feel like he was the big fish and they made an example of him with his sentence (not to say it wasn't deserved to some extent).

Bottom line, even though maybe he wasn't the cutout of a prototypical NFL QB and didn't have quite the success most Hokie/Falcon fans had hoped, am I the only one that misses Mike?

I miss Mike.

I am in no way condoning what he did because I think it was extremely malicious, but this problem, for instance, is just the tip of the iceberg in the NFL. I'm certain there are players in the league who are up to much more corruption than that of Vick's actions.

I have been hearing the only team showing high interest in him is minnesota the 49ers have showed interest but the main interest is coming from minnesota. They appear to be waiting on atlanta to release him which they are supposed to be doing any day now so they dont have to give up anything. I am a vikings fan i for one hope he does come to the vikings can you imagine him and peterson in the same backfield wow.

This has probably been mulled over on this board before my time and I like animals and all but I was also a big Vick fan. Granted his implications in the ring were heinous, I sorta feel like he was the big fish and they made an example of him with his sentence (not to say it wasn't deserved to some extent).

Bottom line, even though maybe he wasn't the cutout of a prototypical NFL QB and didn't have quite the success most Hokie/Falcon fans had hoped, am I the only one that misses Mike?

Nah, it has nothing to do with him being a former Hokie. I just didn't care for Vick, it's not his style of play, it's his character. We could lump him along with Pacman to be fair and many other players into that crew of who cares what becomes of their career.