HONORABLE MENTION

Honaker - Derek Murphy

Hurley - Gary Blankenship

Council - Chris Tiller, Shane Presley

Twin Valley - Lucas Shortridge, Adam Keene

PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Otto Fletcher, Council

COACH OF THE YEAR - Waylon Hart, Honaker

Life has many choices---eternity two

Is it really an honor to be all district when there is a twelve man team frow a 5 team league? I feel some of the prestige is missing. It appears you can be average at best and still be "ALL DISTRICT".

Guest BB_TWEEDER
Is it really an honor to be all district when there is a twelve man team frow a 5 team league? I feel some of the prestige is missing. It appears you can be average at best and still be "ALL DISTRICT".

Yeah but this District is cleary the best district on this side of the state year in and year out. Its kinda like your perinieal (Spell check hahha) powerhouse district like the ACC is in NCAA

Guest BB_TWEEDER
Not hardly....Twin Valley has been great the past few years....Other than that.....

Well when in the entire decade you have had a team from the BDD go to the State Quater finals, State Semi finals, Finals then that pretty much makes you the best district. I cant think of no season other than last year, that we havent had a team from the BDD in the quater finals. Twin Valley has had a run of domanace the last 5 years, befor it was council, Haysi, or Honaker had a good year there.. And Hurley had their run of domance in the mid 80's Early 90's... So like I said year in and year out the BDD is cleary the best! Lets put it this way for this past season. Twin valley went to the semi's, Honaker beat Twin Valley, Council beat Honaker, Hurley beat Council, so that sounds like a pretty competive district. Plus Hurley nearly beat The valley in the Tourny and so did council.. SO please explain to me why the BDD isnt clearly the best?

Since the graduation of Jake Colley, Haysi has not been a factor. Hurley has not been a factor in several years. Council has not been a factor in nearly 5 years. Honaker has not been a serious factor for more than an upset of TV since they made their state run earlier in the decade. Twin Valley has been a player for the past few years. I stated that earlier. This year, the 2nd best team in the BDD, Council, lost to Grundy who had their worst team in several seasons. Haysi was beat by Grundy as well.

If you are talking about the late 90's and very early 2000's then yes, the BDD was as good as it gets. But that could be over 10 years ago in some cases and I hardly think that is grounds to call them still the most dominant district. Past TV, the BDD has not been very deep in recent years. Expecially if you are comparing the past 5 years to the 5 years before that.

Guest BB_TWEEDER
Since the graduation of Jake Colley, Haysi has not been a factor. Hurley has not been a factor in several years. Council has not been a factor in nearly 5 years. Honaker has not been a serious factor for more than an upset of TV since they made their state run earlier in the decade. Twin Valley has been a player for the past few years. I stated that earlier. This year, the 2nd best team in the BDD, Council, lost to Grundy who had their worst team in several seasons. Haysi was beat by Grundy as well.

If you are talking about the late 90's and very early 2000's then yes, the BDD was as good as it gets. But that could be over 10 years ago in some cases and I hardly think that is grounds to call them still the most dominant district. Past TV, the BDD has not been very deep in recent years. Expecially if you are comparing the past 5 years to the 5 years before that.

Yes Grundy did beat Council and Haysi with a very down team, But im simply stating that for the past decade The BDD consitantly has a team in the state final 4, year in and year out. Tell me another district that has done the same on a conistant basis over the same time period? The Cumberland had the Twin Sping's teams that where good for a few years there, but other than that NO other district has had the same success. Maybe the BDD doesnt have the 5 teams that are all great as a few years ago but when you have at least one team every year compeating for a state title then that says somthing about the district. Yes Valley has had a 5 year run here, but befor that 5 year run it was Haysi/ Honaker a couple years there, and befor that it was Council. And I do believe that in 2 years Hurley high school will be compeating in Richmond. Im saying when ever 4 to 5 year cycle of a school's dominace in the district and state there is a new school emerges from the BDD and compeat for a title in Richmond, then your district has to be in consideration for one of the best in the state in single A.