Virginia versus Tennessee All- Star Game...

wave316

I just wanted to inform everyone of our Battle Of The Border ALL-Star games we have scheduled for Satiurday,April 18 at UVA-College of Wise.This game will feature senior All-Stars from Va. and Tennessee. This is the first time a game like this has ever been done to my knowledge and I invite everyone to come and support our Virginia players. The Va . roster as of present is Tihlee Anderson and Josh Johnson from Gate City. Garrett Horne from Twin Valley. Otto Fletcher from Council. Jaycob Coleman ftom J.I.Burton. Peyton Kendrick from Clintwood. Jordon Martin from Powell Valley. Tuff Williams from Chilhowie. Devon Matthews from Twin Springs. Scotty Wolliver of Lee High. Coach Steve Collier of Lee High. The Tennessee team is as follows. Aaron Bennett of Volunteer, Mason Canty and Corey Young of Tennessee High. Koree Deeb of Sullivan East. Cameron Miller of Unicoi County, Eric Herring of Sullivan North, Austin Phipps of Johnson County. Patrick Albright of Sullivan Central. Coached by John Dyer from Sullivan East and Robbie Witcher of Tennessee High. These Tennessee schools are much larger than our Va. schools. Some have 1500 to 2000 students. I know Tennessee will be tough to beat. One person said I hope Tennessee doesnt blow Va. out. I believe it will be a good game. This game is sponsered by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes of Southwest Va. The admission is free. The College holds about 800. I would love to see a full house. Please help get the word out on this game. We will also have a girls game. I will discuss this in another post.:) The game is scheduled for 7:30.

Planned dunk contest and 3 point shootout to cap off the evening? That would be a great addition?

Well, I just got off the phone with Lucas Shortridge of Twin Valley and invited him to be a part of the slam dunk contest. He said yes. Not for sure how many dunkers from the Tennessee side. Tuff Williiams from Chilhowie is coming. He won the SWVA. All -Star dunk at Burton. Yes ,we will have 3 -point shoot-outs as well.