Graham/Abingdon

ghstoga

Actual score...Graham played good. We started a freshman (Dalton White) that pitched a good game. Graham then brought in Alex Harclerode who pitched well also to finish the game. The defense didn't commit nearly as many errors as they had in previous games. Graham hit the ball well but Abingdon played excellent defense as well. The kid that Abingdon started..Hagy?...was one of the best we've seen this year. He had a nasty curve/slider working.

If you only beat Graham 5-1 then you did play like absolute garbage zach witt.

Abingdon was beat by Va. High on saturday 1-0. The sophomore who pitched for va. high held abingdon to like 2 or 3 hits for the game.

Abingdons only 2 losses this year have been to single A scool Va. High.

This is very true. And Abingdon played like garbage on Saturday as well. Both losses at VHS, Abingdon played some of the worst baseball ive ever seen and both were one run losses. Certainly not making excuses for terrible performances, just saying that the fact that a team can play THAT bad and still keep it that close and win games shows promise for the season to come..

No doubt. Abingdon is the best i've seen in the swd this year so far.

With tazewell a close second. They have tons of pitching depth.

Only know of Witt and Hagy for you guys. Got anyone else??

Who's about the same size as a school like Richlands and who was AA just a couple of years ago and had plenty of success there too.

Agreed...V-High has NEVER been a "slouch" on the diamond...plenty of State Championships to prove that. Back in the day, when I played, V-High won the State Championship my soph. year and finished State runner-up my senior year...Abingdon was State runner-up my junior year...

What a crock....Abingdon won...they played a great game...I don't recall them making hardly any errors...they hit the ball well...give Graham some credit...they also played a very good game! Graham didn't have many errors and they put the ball in play a lot.

Geez talk about your sore winners.

• 2 weeks later...

No sore winners here. All i was saying is that we played like crap because we did. Idk what game you were watching but Abingdon definitely didnt play a good game. Im not taking anything away from Graham, they played a great game. I was just saying Abingdon definitely didnt, as is evident by the 5 inning beating 2 days later in Bluefield..