Southwest District Leader???

does no one know the answer to my question?? I assume Tazewell is undefeated...but I'm not sure who else in the district is still in the race for the SWD title. Maybe Abingdon?

Tazewell is undefeated in the district but lack a boat load of district games which will be played this week. They have not played Abingdon at all - they still have Richland at Richlands - Carroll County home - and I think they still lack both Graham games they went to Graham but did not get 5 innings in so it does not count.

So right now it's great that Tazewell in undefeated, but the number of games left still leaves alot to be said - I believe that Abingdon is also undefeated, but I don't know the games they have left.

This should prove to be a busy week of spring sports -- hopefully the rain will stop and everyone can get all their games in, otherwise it will be left up to the ADs to decide how to set up the district tournament which is scheduled to begin next week.

District will most likely end up:

1 - Abingdon

2- Tazewell (or in 1st)

3 - Richlands

4 - Carroll County

rest don't matter

tazewell and abingdon still have to play twice this week.

And i believe the top 4 make it to regionals.

All these rainouts have really screwed things up these teams are going to be playing every single night now could shake things up alot

i heard AD's are pullin for a double elimination tourney to decide the SWD regular season champ.

The double elimination tourney is the best idea for all. This year has just been a mess and this idea will leave the best team as the winner.

best idea? i disagree...Abingdon and Tazewell are undefeated...that's not fair to them

do what??? that makes no sensse at all to have a tournament to decide the regular season when 2 teams are undefeated. how could that be fair to the two teams?? to my knowlege it seems that everyone in the district has 4 or more losses.....while Tazewell and Abingdon have not lost. Why would teams with 4 or more losses have a shot at being the district champion. How many district games has abingdon and tazewell won?? that just seems crazy, but that sounds like something the SWD would do!!

I believe they will only do that if a lot of these make up games are rained out again this week. Yes unfair, but with the weather the way it has been this may be the only option. Just hope the weather allows them to play it out this week.

according to the bristol paper abingdon has 9 district wins.....and i think tazewell has 6 wins...w/no losses. how could one of those 2 teams not be the champion of the district? why would teams with 4 or 5 or 9 losses have a new chance to win the district?? where is the logic??

according to the bristol paper abingdon has 9 district wins.....and i think tazewell has 6 wins...w/no losses. how could one of those 2 teams not be the champion of the district? why would teams with 4 or 5 or 9 losses have a new chance to win the district?? where is the logic??

Agreed!!!

Here's an idea, give everybody a trophy and crown them all "Co-Champions"...:rolleyes:...oh wait, this isn't the soccer board...:D

I was told last night that they have all the games rescheduled -- and they have been allowed to play through Monday -- however any game that is cancelled will not be rescheduled -- I am not sure what happens if they don't get the games in but hopefully they will.