NBA Playoffs?

I agree that he shouldn't have been T'd up after his layup against Varijeo. However, Howard is dirty. He throws elbows after plays, grabs after plays, and even punches after plays. I can tolerate some elbow and grabbing when play is happening, but afterward is just unnecessary. He is dirty; always has been and apparently always will be.

Watch this video at the 40 second mark.

Or just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYuOG1gMDw

I wonder if he'll get away with this in the Finals as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x893QnwDyo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give me a breake...every big man in the nba goes dirty on Howard cause they can't do nothing with him...he has to throw that elbow on them every now and then to get them off...on the last link you put its show the replay, when the ball was in the air gasol was almost holding Howard.

I know lebron and kobe are the face on the nba but the refs just give them way too much..

(watch 0.57 - 1.01 and watch it again..no way its foul)

listen to the end of this....so true

the reason why everybody whines to the refs in NBA is cause they miss alot calls...imo the worst officals out of any pro sport...not really toward big men but your kobe, lebron, melo, iverson...they get anything, you cant breath on them

So in other words, (remember lots of young children that play bball watch NBA and look up to the players) we are telling the kids that if you don't get your way it's okay to whine and cry about it? No wonder kids that play bball are soft now (with the exception of many). They watch the NBA growing up and learn to cry and bitch when they don't get their way. That is the stupidest explanation I have heard. They should just play the damn game and let the refs call the fouls. They get mad when refs let a little contact happen, but what they don't realize is that the refs are letting them play the game of bball, not who can make the most foul shots. The NBA players are more primadonas then NFL players. The NBA is pathetic and I LOVE what the refs are doing when they don't call fouls. They are lucky I'm not a ref cause every time they complained they WOULD get a T for it. That's not how the game is played. It's ridiculous what pro sports are now.

So in other words, (remember lots of young children that play bball watch NBA and look up to the players) we are telling the kids that if you don't get your way it's okay to whine and cry about it? No wonder kids that play bball are soft now (with the exception of many). They watch the NBA growing up and learn to cry and bitch when they don't get their way. That is the stupidest explanation I have heard. They should just play the damn game and let the refs call the fouls. They get mad when refs let a little contact happen, but what they don't realize is that the refs are letting them play the game of bball, not who can make the most foul shots. The NBA players are more primadonas then NFL players. The NBA is pathetic and I LOVE what the refs are doing when they don't call fouls. They are lucky I'm not a ref cause every time they complained they WOULD get a T for it. That's not how the game is played. It's ridiculous what pro sports are now.

You don't even get what im saying, what im trying to tell you is when the players complain when the refs call fouls, its on them when the breath on one of the stars in the NBA (aka bailout calls) when I said players complain to the ref, its not them complaining about not getting calls on other players, there complaining when there getting fouls called on them when alot times there not. (star treatment)

A young basketball player shouldn't look up to the NBA...most of it is not team basketball and no one takes it serious till the playoffs.

If they want something to look up to then they should watch college, not pros.

If they want something to look up to then they should watch college, not pros.

i agree with that completely. but other than March Madness, college bball gets no where near the media coverage that the NBA does. kids dream of playing in the NBA if they are a young bball player, not college. as much as i want that statement to be false its not. they dont say man i wanna play college. no they say they wanna play one year and then go on and play NBA and make cash and all that. no one wants to settle for just college sports. they look up to the pros. even though they have become primadona's, they do have very good work ethic and they do work hard to get where they are and stay at the top of their game.

i agree with that completely. but other than March Madness, college bball gets no where near the media coverage that the NBA does. kids dream of playing in the NBA if they are a young bball player, not college. as much as i want that statement to be false its not. they dont say man i wanna play college. no they say they wanna play one year and then go on and play NBA and make cash and all that. no one wants to settle for just college sports. they look up to the pros. even though they have become primadona's, they do have very good work ethic and they do work hard to get where they are and stay at the top of their game.

I agree with that, and they do work hard to stay on there game, no doubt about that....but it seems like the nba always picks up there game in the playoffs but I guess in a way thats the case with every sport. It just seems like the nba is so laid back in regular season but in the playoffs it so intense.