Thee Los Angeles Lakers

What is it they say? The cream always rises to the top. Way to go Lakers, winning their 15th NBA title. LeBron is fantastic, but Kobe is the best player on the planet.

Wrong. Kobe has a better supporting cast around him. Which is why the Lakers won.

Lebron is by far the most VALUABLE player, but Kobe is the best player. The rings say it all.

The rings say it all because once again, he has a better team to work with than Lebron does. You give Lebron the team that Kobe this year and I'm sure he could win it too.

Guest JJBrickface

Not to take anything away from the Lakers because they are the Champs BUT I've been hearing that Kobe is the best player and that Phil is the best coach.

No one was making that argument a year and a half ago when there was no supporting cast for the two.

Wrong. Kobe has a better supporting cast around him. Which is why the Lakers won.

No, I'm correct. Of course Kobe had a better cast, that's the reason the Lakers won that series 4-1 instead of 4-3 or losing it. But there is no dominant Shaq-like figure on this squad. Take Kobe off that squad, and they MIGHT win Round 1.

Kobe has both the ability to drive and to absolutely kill mid-range shots. LeBron's a physical freak and is better inside, but he lacks the mid-range mastery that makes Kobe so deadly. In short, Kobe's a better scorer. LeBron's a better defender, but Kobe's a better scorer than LeBron is a defender.

Give me 1 player to take in the whole NBA, I'm taking Kobe.

Not to take anything away from the Lakers because they are the Champs BUT I've been hearing that Kobe is the best player and that Phil is the best coach.

No one was making that argument a year and a half ago when there was no supporting cast for the two.

Phil lucked into 2 of the best combos in the history of the game. Pippen-Jordan, Bryant-O'Neal. He's a great coach, you don't win 10 titles without being great. But he was incredibly blessed.

Edited by UVAObserver

Those debating Kobe v. LeBron need to remember one important thing, Kobe is 30 and LeBron is 24. Think back, remember back to when Kobe was 24 and you'll realize LeBron is a better player at 24 than Kobe was at 24. LeBron still has some holes in his game, namely a consistent shot, but it's scary how good he's going to be by the time he's 30 barring unforeseen circumstances. The two are incredibly close right now despite the 6 years, four month age difference.

LeBron James will be the closest thing we've seen to Michael Jordan in-terms of individuals ability. The number of championships he wins, if any, will be determined by the caliber of teams he has around him going forward. No single player in the NBA can will a ring by himself, not even Jordan could.

I have a good friend who's a Laker fanatic, and he's living it up now.

And I still think Kobe's the best in the league. LeBron's more physical, but Kobe is lights out.

i was livin it up and goin crazy today too. Cant wait to buy the championship gear