Glen Beck is an idiot part 2

fieldgeneral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAnU_eqn6II

I'm sure there will be an idiot or two that finds this hilarious, but it's pretty sad. I've worked in Americorps for 3 years along with many many people. I'm sure making fun of government programs that assist people in going to school with little to no compensation is a great ratings booster, but should we expect anything more out of this douche bag? No!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

You can only participate twice in Americorps, so how do you get 3 years. According to the website, projects do not last more than 1 year.

Secondly, I assume you are talking about Energy Express. I am a member of that, as well as Americorps. That is not the primary thing Americorps does. Americorps does not care about that summer stuff at all. And, in this program you technically make around 8-9 bucks an hour. Honestly, I dont consider it work at all.

If you go to the bigger levels, not only do you get paid but you recieve health insurance and other added benefits. Very well paid volunteerism, and like Obama says below, they are gonna get a raise. Beck may be on to something...

Secondly, Beck is not talking about what AmeriCorps is, or isnt. Its what it is gonna wind up being. I dont know how you can dispute this being a problem...

"We cannot continue to only rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

And if you look past the mainstream news, you will see Obama has deep and disturbing ties to AmeriCorps and is trying to overhaul it. For example, a month ago, he fired the IG, inspector general, of AmeriCorps without giving thirty days notice to Congress, which I believe is now a law, a law that Obama supported in the senate. This was right after the stimulus, and he was worried that the money would not go to what he wanted. He wants highly paid "volunteerism" Just another example of Obama trying to power grab, this time illegally.

So is Beck crazy, once again, no. He has never stated anything without giving purpose and reason, and this time is no different.

I'm not a real big Beck fan, but I would not call him an idiot at all. One of the things I like about the guy is when he has someone on his show with an opposing point of view he'll actually engage in a conversation with them, not just shout them down.

Is he over the top sometimes, sure he is, almost all TV/Radio personalities do that from time to time, it's how they've made their careers, how they got noticed to begin with.

Now if you want to talk about idiocy, check out the Sharpton/Coulter debate on Larry King tonight.......I think my IQ dropped 20 points just by watching(and I can't afford to lose that many)

"We cannot continue to only rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

A comment that has 1 of the biggest underlying messages that should really scare people in my opinion, it was made sometimes a year ago or so, I've mentioned it on here before. I can't access the video at this time, what was it in reference to this time?

Guest JJBrickface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAnU_eqn6II

I'm sure there will be an idiot or two that finds this hilarious, but it's pretty sad. I've worked in Americorps for 3 years along with many many people. I'm sure making fun of government programs that assist people in going to school with little to no compensation is a great ratings booster, but should we expect anything more out of this douche bag? No!

Why are you even worried about Glenn Beck? He isn't an elected official.

Barack Obama is an elected official who is an idiot.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

A comment that has 1 of the biggest underlying messages that should really scare people in my opinion, it was made sometimes a year ago or so, I've mentioned it on here before. I can't access the video at this time, what was it in reference to this time?

Your exact quote. Great minds think alike.