V-t game at the stone castle sept. 11

thsvikings2004

I know this early but who win between THS Mighty Vikings and VHS Cats and why and by what score

THS crushes Cats. Thurman gets lesson on V-T game. Cats do not have the D-fense to stop Tallman and the Vikings. If Coach Stubbs wants to he can make it real ugly in Bristol. THS has to many weapons. Cats QB will get hurt by the THS D. Cats have no O-Line.

THS by 3 touchdowns. That is if Stubby calls off the dogs.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

AP Prep Football Poll

Associated Press

The Associated Press' Top 10 teams in each of Tennessee's six Division I non-financial aid classifications and in the combined Division II financial aid classification as selected by Tennessee AP-member sportswriters and broadcasters. With first-place votes in parentheses, records through Sept. 1, total points based on 10 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 10th-place vote:

By The Associated Press

Class 6A

School, record, points

1. Farragut (7) 2-0 ... 158

2. Ooltewah (3) 2-0 ... 147

3. Oakland (8) 1-1 ... 122

4. Maryville 0-1 ... 96

5. Bearden 2-0 ... 87

6. White Station 2-0 ... 85

7. Whitehaven 2-0 ... 57

8. Brentwood 2-0 ... 55

9. Franklin 2-0 ... 43

10. Brighton 2-0 ... 40

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Blackman 37. 12, Collierville 16. 12, Cookeville 16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class 5A

School, record, points

1. Knoxville Catholic (7) 1-0 ... 147

2. Henry County (5) 2-0 ... 142

3. Sullivan South (3) 1-0-1 ... 132

4. Clinton (2) 2-0 ... 108

T5. Tennessee 1-0 ... 81

T5. Mitchell (1) 2-0 ... 81

7. Gallatin 1-0 ... 53

8. Columbia 2-0 ... 52

9. Morristown East 1-1 ... 36

10. Hendersonville 1-0 ... 27

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Morristown West 22. 12, Memphis East 12.

shepard and company big wanna see if the cats gonna stack the box or what if they do stack the box it gonna open up the passing game and if they dont we will run all day on them

Your backfield will have a hayday with the front D-line of the Cats and Harmon(THS QB) will pick the DB's to death. The Stats could be huge for the Vikings! VHS has some good players but just cannot match up to their cross town rivials. Thurman and company are going to have to be real creative in this one!

THS should be favored by 2 touchdowns, but I don't expect a blowout or the dogs having to be called off. The reason is attitude. THS always has the stronger team and seems offended by the fact that VHS even bothers to show up. On the other hand, VHS really gets up for the game, not being expected to win and having nothing to lose. The result is that the game ends up being closer than it probably should be. For example, in 2007, THS was only up by 7 points going into the 4th Quarter. Final score 20-0. Not a close game, but not a blowout. Similarly, the final score in 2008 was THS 28 - VHS 17. The game was played in 85 degree heat and VHS players playing on both sides of the ball started cramping up in the 3rd Quarter. Shepard scored on a long run to put the game away when VHS ran out if steam in the 4th Quarter. I expect that both THS and VHS will be improved this year. It could be a blowout, but only if THS shows up motivated. Based on the comments I have seen on this and other boards, I don't see that happening.

we might not show up to play the 1st half but we simply just come out and dominate the 2nd half and they gonna show the Cats and everyone else why they are ranked 5th in the state of tn for the AP 5A football poll this isnt gonna be like we havent played a team that run the spread VHS run it but i bet u that they dont run it like Sullivan South Rebels from kingsport tn they probaly the best team in this area in Northeast Tn and SWVA

42 to 7 Vikings i heard the Cats gonna try to stack the line and make the avikings beat them by passing the ball i think that wouldve been an good ideal anyother year but this year becaue we can beat the Cats with the run or the pass this year so pick ur posion