St Paul/hurley

saturn125

Got this bit of information thanks to Vhslhelper.

St. Paul had 3 TD's but -16 yards rushing in the 1st half.

Hurley had a 1st & 26 early in the 4th due to 2 holding calls.

Deacs lead 26-20, 10:00 left.

from WXLZ... Hurley 28, St. Paul 26, Final.

Blankenship with close to 200 yards rushing for the Rebs.

Deacs led 20-6 with a big pass just before the half, but their QB got hurt.

The ugliest win Hurley has had in a long time. They had 6 turnovers for the night two of them on first two possesions (int.,fumble)that were returned for touchdowns. I would say they had at least 8-11 penalties especially at costly times in the ballgame. The run defense was awesome and they ran the ball at will but just had a lot weird mistakes. I think the boys showed a lot of HEART by digging deep from 14 down and 20-6 to pulling out the win with four minutes left in the game. The St. Paul showed good sportmanship and I hope they do well. I would also like to give a big shout out to the Hurley fans, I was surprised how many showed up on a school night and some with work the next day. The crowd really got into and the boys needed that extra something. Hope to see you all next week!

St.Paul will be an entirely different team when their starting QB Tyler Phillips returns (should be next week). He is by far the best player on the squad,and one of the better signal-callers in the region. You can't mess around with an irregular heartbeat though (especially with the Sullivan South tragedy as a reminder).

The ugliest win Hurley has had in a long time. They had 6 turnovers for the night two of them on first two possesions (int.,fumble)that were returned for touchdowns. I would say they had at least 8-11 penalties especially at costly times in the ballgame. The run defense was awesome and they ran the ball at will but just had a lot weird mistakes. I think the boys showed a lot of HEART by digging deep from 14 down and 20-6 to pulling out the win with four minutes left in the game. The St. Paul showed good sportmanship and I hope they do well. I would also like to give a big shout out to the Hurley fans, I was surprised how many showed up on a school night and some with work the next day. The crowd really got into and the boys needed that extra something. Hope to see you all next week!

6 turnovers I think for the Rebs but absolutely NO QUIT in them....The defense is coming into it's own and the Offense finally shook off the jitters and late in the game and came on big at the end. Austin showed he could rally himself and his team back...One of them hogs got a big birthday present last night when they rattled it loose and he got to take one home for a TD...Happy Birthday BIG 64.......You never know how strong you are till you have to be strong,you showed me your strong as oxes and all heart and determination..I love you guys take it one game at a time....

St.Paul will be an entirely different team when their starting QB Tyler Phillips returns (should be next week). He is by far the best player on the squad,and one of the better signal-callers in the region. You can't mess around with an irregular heartbeat though (especially with the Sullivan South tragedy as a reminder).

I agree the Phillips kid is a good kid (I talked to him last night after the game he told me about the procedure he had done)and he should be careful I also read your post on the LPD where you trashed Hurley on there win last night and how unwarranted any success the have had so far...Here's your post on the LPD to jog your memory...

"Had SP had Tyler Phillips in this game,they would have won it. That tells me that all the hype from Hurley is unwarranted,and they are overrated. "

Click this bar to view the full image.

J.J.Kelly Indians: 23 VHSL State Group A Team Championships (more than the rest of 'em). Why yes,yes it is indeed good to be an Indian. GO BIG RED!!!!

That being said I'll tell you why Hurley won they wouldnt lay down they wouldnt die they wouldnt go away..You said if Phillips played theyd won easily,he plays behind the same line the other 4 (count them 4QB's )that played last night...ST.Paul is a class program and had a group of first class kids a first class coaching staff..Class is something you no nothing about or you wouldnt talked crap about Hurley on the LPD forum then come over here and pour a little sugar on it. St.Paul is a good team and will make some noise this year before the season is over.Oh and if they play Kelly will probally beat there A$$..

Edited by gridironguru

Just take 1 or 2 turnovers out of the six hurley turnovers away which is unusal for them and they would still beat ST Paul with Tyler Phillips because he would not have had an answer for that defensive pressure. I dont care who was at quaterback they didnt have time becasue they were out manned up front. So if he wasnt healty it would not have been a good game for him to come back. I do admit his is one of the best athletes in the region and maybe the best qb but he has to have the big boys up front.

Just take 1 or 2 turnovers out of the six hurley turnovers away which is unusal for them and they would still beat ST Paul with Tyler Phillips because he would not have had an answer for that defensive pressure. I dont care who was at quaterback they didnt have time becasue they were out manned up front. So if he wasnt healty it would not have been a good game for him to come back. I do admit his is one of the best athletes in the region and maybe the best qb but he has to have the big boys up front.

exactly.....Unchained shoulda been there maybe he wouldnt have put his foot in his mouth...