GC vs. Tazewell (from the GC side)

LegendatLegion

Well i was their, several bad calls on both sides of the ball. The holding call was a good call, it was clear from where i was sitting. The offensive lineman had both hands tugging so hard on a GC defensive player back part of the shirt other wise the QB would have been sacked!!!

Tell em about the punt GC Blocked and got a ruffing the punter call, or all the down field blocks in the back that was not called maybe 5 or 6. As far Richlands or Tazewell, Richlands all to way over Tazewell. Tazewell & Abingdon, Tazewell seemed to better.

I agree about the punt. Kinda thought the holding call was payback for the call made on the punt. Tazewell likes to hold a lot and block in the back. I can almost garantee they dont get away with it against Lebanon. Better officiating crew will have that game.

The ruffing the punter call was horrible. I dont think the holding call that erased a Tazewell TD would have made it a different ball game. No doubt in my mind GC would have scored again on the following drive. Tazewell had no answer for GCs rushing attack.

you are crazy...that call is not made and it's 21-14...instead it's 28-7...whole different ball game at that point. Tazewell didn't get blown out...GC got a FG and a TD in the last few min of the game to make it look worse that it was...it was still a 2 TD game at 42-27 with 3 min left...to me that's not exactly a blow out...but that's just me...that was a 14 point swing on that one flag...which I didn't agree with...the game was a lot closer than the score shows.

Did you not see the stats for this game? The game was never close and never would have been. Had GC not pulled their Starters when up 42 to 7 Tazewell would not have scored atleast two of their last three TDs and had the horrible ruffing the punter call not been called you would not be on here saying Tazewell got screwed over a holding call. If anyone was screwed it was GC. I think you had your SWD glasses on. And those saying GCs starters played the entire game or only pulled for two plays are living in a dream. I would think the people of Gate City would know who their startes are better than the cry babies at Tazewell. Good coaches pull their starters when up by 35. Bad coaches throw deep with their starters against a team that was clearly the dominate team with a huge lead late in the game. Tazewell tried every dirty trick in the book shy of fighting to make a blowout look like it was close. I can tell you they will be hard pressed to get away with the holding and blocks in the back this coming week. Just face it Tazwell. You got blownout in every aspect of the game. Gate City outgained the Bulldogs 499-204. GCs QB rushed for more yards than what Tazewell had altogether! 222 to 204! Tazewell first score was setup by GCs defender being tripped causing a wideopen reciever. Had he not tripped up that ball was a sure interception. And so many think Abingdon is a bunch of cry babies. They have nothing on some of the folks in this thread. All I can say is GO FALCONS when you guys take on the Bullpuppies! Did you see as much crying last year when GC lost to Tazewell? GC was the better team last year caught looking ahead. They didnt get caught looking ahead this time. I am not even coming back to look at this thread because the stats dont lie. Had the officiating been called perfect the game would have been worse than it was.

Good luck Tazewell the rest of the year because you are going to need it. I think it is high time GC drops Tazewell for better competition. The games have not been close other than last years debacle.

they didn't have all of the starters in the whole time...i dont think many teams do...i know the 31 kid scored the last TD with not much time left...and he's a starter...so...they had them on the field the whole game...maybe not all of them but it's not like people are trying to make it out to be like GC held back or anything...because they put up every point they could on Tazewell.

Had GC wanted to score all they could they could have scored 70+! The end!

Richlands should have no trouble with Tazewell. Just have someone all over their QB. Richlands O is not that bad. They faced a good GC D. People forget that GC had 8 returning starters from last years D.

Appreciate the reply.

That's why we like playing GC every year. It's always a great game and gives both teams something to gauge where they are and what needs to be worked on. It's usually a good quality high school game !

The fans bases also seem to respect each other which is rare now day's. :cool:

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.