Bluefield

ghstoga

Glad I went and watched Blfd tonight. They are impressive. They looked faster tonight than when they played Graham. Also, they were extremely physical...can't imagine they won't win state this year.

I really think Bluefield took it easy on Graham this year...could have been a lot worse. Freddie called off the dogs again tonight for pretty much the entire second half against GE. The two scores in the second half were by the defense and special teams. When the backups went in to start the fourth quarter, they played very well...especially that goalline stand against GE's first teamers. Bluefield's only "bump" in the road this season may be this week vs. CCD unless they completely fail to show up vs. someone else later in the season.

I gotta agree...Graham is outcoached weekly it seems...I really do think we have the talent to at least be competitive...but with some of the coaches we have it may be a long year. It was good to see Blfd putting in their back ups in the 4th qtr. That will make them better players next year...that is something that you won't see at Graham.

I honestly thought it was a sort of lackluster game, intensity wise, but it's hard to equal the intensity of the graham game and then the princeton game, and they might have been sort of anticipating the game upcoming against ccds. They played well and their was some individual enthusiasm at times for certain though, but I expect a big game atmosphere and effort thursday evening.

Congrats to bluefield. In my opinion they can defeat ccds with their best effort.

If I had to guess bluefield held their cards some on o.

I honestly thought it was a sort of lackluster game, intensity wise, but it's hard to equal the intensity of the graham game and then the princeton game, and they might have been sort of anticipating the game upcoming against ccds. They played well and their was some individual enthusiasm at times for certain though, but I expect a big game atmosphere and effort thursday evening.

Congrats to bluefield. In my opinion they can defeat ccds with their best effort.

If I had to guess bluefield held their cards some on o.

I'm actually going to be in Bluefield this upcoming Thursday night...a chance to go to a Bluefield game for the first time in several years.

I'm actually going to be in Bluefield this upcoming Thursday night...a chance to go to a Bluefield game for the first time in several years.

I think you will see quite a show...the Charlotte team is talented and very well coached. It should be a battle at Mitchell next Thursday night. I am looking forward to it.

The second string goal line stand late in the 4th against GE was pretty awesome. I noticed Bluefield had really great blocking downfield against the secondary all night. Extremely important for the running game... and it showed. Thursdays night game against CCD is going to be a barn burner!

I think you will see quite a show...the Charlotte team is talented and very well coached. It should be a battle at Mitchell next Thursday night. I am looking forward to it.

I hope Bluefield can put up a good showing....this Charlotte team is more like a junior college team. If bluefield keeps it close, I'll be impressed.

Lilly has been a monster ever since he stepped on the field in his first Beaver/Graham game as a freshman. If he doesn't win the Huff award this year (best defensive player in WV), something is wrong.

Having the most tackles on a good team 3 seasons in a row from freshman on, (and as a sophomore on a title team) says a lot. He'll likely have the most tackles in '09 and finish having lead bluefield in tackles for 4 season. Incredible.

I hope your right but I believe it will be hard for a AA player to get the Huff award. It will be well deserved if he gets it.

Not so sure that is true, the Kennedy has gone to AA players for the past two years.

Edited by beaverborn