Just for you UVAobserver

rabidbeaver

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread.....but, I was impressed w/Snelling yesterday in the Falcons win. Hope you enjoy the read Observer:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-rb-snelling-makes-142582.html

(Also, for blueinbama, figuring you will read this post too..... JPW was kept as the 3rd. string QB and Shockley out of UGA was released. In watching the pre-season games, I was impressed with the mechanics of JPW, smooth release....when he was in during the pre-season, he moved the team down the field and was effective. Obviously, he impressed the Falcons' management b/c they elected to keep him and released a local.

When they showed shots on the sidelines yest. ....coaches reviewing "stills" w/Ryan.....you noticed JPW was "soaking" up all the discussion taking place.)

Didn't want to start a new thread.....but, I was impressed w/Snelling yesterday in the Falcons win. Hope you enjoy the read Observer:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-rb-snelling-makes-142582.html

QUOTE]

Good article, Tru. I thank you a ton for posting it!

Snelling never did have the greatest speed, but he's one of the best "pure FBs" I've ever seen. He was always proficient at getting the tough yards, and he could catch some passes when you needed it. I remember the 2006 season, when UVA called on him to be an every-down back. He'll never be "that", but a 3rd-down bruiser would suit him well.

More than anything, Snelling's got heart. That's invaluable.