PH

face-n-dacrowd

Where is Randy Moss and Tom Brady? Oh, wait they are in the NFL.

Ok, so I shouldnt have mentioned the Patriots. OK, I wont. Hows this for a correction. Where is a Richie Thomas, who got the most out of his players like an under size Boswell. Where is an assistant like B Johnson who ran a defense with kids like Eskridge that dominated their opponents? Boswell didnt have an 'O' line, but did the things needed to win. Where is that?

Ok, so I shouldnt have mentioned the Patriots. OK, I wont. Hows this for a correction. Where is a Richie Thomas, who got the most out of his players like an under size Boswell. Where is an assistant like B Johnson who ran a defense with kids like Eskridge that dominated their opponents? Boswell didnt have an 'O' line, but did the things needed to win. Where is that?

Wat? R u sayn PH had a team @ 1 time? Haha, must hav been b4 I was borned. LOL:D

Yeah they won two hogo championships in 96-97. The 97 team was pretty dog gone good until they had a mass of injuries before the region championship game.

I still hear people say that they wish PH was a football school "again". Two consecutive hogo championships hardly makes you a football school. Holston had that in 83 and 84... But I for one do wish PH picks it up in football, the Hogo needs another D2 threat.

true,ph had a very,and i do mean very good team in 96-97..but it's like when thomas left so did football..and like in marion..we were kinda havin sum good things with coach wright but due to sum problems around him,he had to step down..but having him back on defense surely shows.

lol...someone knows nothing here. boswell didnt have a line???? they averaged 6ft 3 and 260lbs!!! and could move!!!!! plus the team that lost to Giles in the 1st round was better than the team that made it to regionals! just that most teams where not as good as the year priior

true,ph had a very,and i do mean very good team in 96-97..but it's like when thomas left so did football..and like in marion..we were kinda havin sum good things with coach wright but due to sum problems around him,he had to step down..but having him back on defense surely shows.

I agree 100%. He knows his defense.

lol...someone knows nothing here. boswell didnt have a line???? they averaged 6ft 3 and 260lbs!!! and could move!!!!! plus the team that lost to Giles in the 1st round was better than the team that made it to regionals! just that most teams where not as good as the year priior

Big yes, could move, NO! I remember. Bos did a lot on his own my friend and you have to admit that.

I agree. Name more than one team in swva that runs the spread and is sucessfull. You Cant!

Richlands, Floyd, Powell Valley, Burton, even Gate City a little. Yea, those teams have had no success over the past five or six years. And I think Graham took the spread to the JMU or Liberty on year. I guess it can't be done in SWVA because the Mighty Rebels of Emory can't do it.....

Speaking of which, have you ever heard a professional offense play called? If so, there is no high school kid in the world that can handle that amount of verbage and know what they are suppose to do.

The problem is usually not the scheme, but the players.

Edited by frontierman95

Exactly, right Frontier you have to run a scheme that fits your players. Not a scheme that looks good on T.V. because you are recruiting kids that can run the scheme. You have to play with the hand your dealt and run a scheme that fits them.

lol,ph in 95-97 were good..funny how they wanna talk about other teams after a good pluckin from the blues..thomas was a very good coach..he cared about his players and got the most from them..they were loaded with talent