james monroe and pikeview game

beavers07

Here are my thoughts...

Its a combination of PikeView being better than they have been for the last several years and James Monroe not being nearly as good as they have been for the last several years.

Here are my thoughts...

Its a combination of PikeView being better than they have been for the last several years and James Monroe not being nearly as good as they have been for the last several years.

Damewood is doing a heck of a job over there. Good for him and his kids. They deserve it.

Pikeview is a very much improved team. (We) JM just beat them 17-6 last year and we still made it to the semifinals last year. We got a tough road ahead to get back to the playoffs so will just have to wait and see how it plays out. Pikeview only has 5 seniors so they should have some pretty good success the next couple of years!

PV is a lot better this year than last. And it seems that they are still getting a feel for the new offense, if they get that clicking pretty well, they could make a run at the playoffs this year. Looking at their schedule, it seems like it's pretty favorable as well.

I've honestly got no feel for how good JM is this year. Last year they looked much worse in the PV game and still got a favorable draw in the playoffs and made a run to the semis. The one thing about this years team that seems to be lacking is there is no real playmaker stepping up yet. Beasley, Thompson, and Ballangee have all had good moments, but at the moment they don't have the big offensive threat.

Defensively they're playing pretty well, although they are making some silly mistakes here and there. Should learn a lot more about them next week when Scott comes to Lindside.

Overall, it was a good game to watch, and it's really kind of neat to see Pikeview improving the way they are. Damewood is doing a really nice job with them.

....The one thing about this years team that seems to be lacking is there is no real playmaker stepping up yet. Beasley, Thompson, and Ballangee have all had good moments, but at the moment they don't have the big offensive threat.

Defensively they're playing pretty well, although they are making some silly mistakes here and there. Should learn a lot more about them next week when Scott comes to Lindside.

Overall, it was a good game to watch, and it's really kind of neat to see Pikeview improving the way they are. Damewood is doing a really nice job with them.

I couldn't agree with you more on all these points. At this point in the season, I can only describe JM as decent. I'm waiting to see who's first to become the standout.