Oak Hill Academy Gold vs Bluefield College JV

Blue5Ramblin

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the time when a school says its their "JV" in a cast like that its their Varsity team playing. Its just another way to get around the limits put on them and their exhibition totals. Not bad though for all the D1 talent that was on that team and BC not having Juice playing.

Now, I wasn't at the game to assess the talent level personally, but I've seen several traditional Oak Hill Academy Gold teams against local and/or regional talent and I don't think you could take any local athletes, both high school and college, from the area to field a team that could hang anywhere within 30 points them in a real basketball game. Every Oak Hill basketball game I've seen regionally, hasn't had anything other feeling than an All-star game. From tip-off, they are throwing alley-oops and firing 3-point shots from 25 feet out.

This isn't supposed to be a negative post towards Southern WV and/or SWVA, it's just purely an attest to the level of talent that OHA puts onto the basketball court year in and year out. I haven't had the time to research Oak Hill's current squad, but going on history alone, if you watched them play the other night then you likely saw 2-3 future NBA players on the bench with 9 other Division-I athletes all in the same uniform.

Most of the time when a school says its their "JV" in a cast like that its their Varsity team playing. Its just another way to get around the limits put on them and their exhibition totals. Not bad though for all the D1 talent that was on that team and BC not having Juice playing.

there were only a few varsity players that played. BC does have a JV team and they were the ones that played. the varsity players that played down are ones that come off the bench and aren't expected to see much playing time this year.