USC Runningback Stephon Johnson

SteveEurkel

He was injured in a weightlifting accident, where he dropped a barbell on his throat crushing his trachea. He is stable and giving his mother hand signs, he is out for the rest of the football season, but doctors say he will play football again.

My prayers go out to him,his family and his teammates.

He was injured in a weightlifting accident, where he dropped a barbell on his throat crushing his trachea. He is stable and giving his mother hand signs, he is out for the rest of the football season, but doctors say he will play football again.

My prayers go out to him,his family and his teammates.

Good post, and my thoughts exactly. Get well soon, that a horrific injury.

It was reported that anyone of slightly smaller stature than Johnson would've likely died from that kind of impact.

Someone is definitely looking out for him from above. Here's to a speedy and successful recovery!

It was reported that anyone of slightly smaller stature than Johnson would've likely died from that kind of impact.

Someone is definitely looking out for him from above. Here's to a speedy and successful recovery!

And I also just saw on Sportscenter that the doctors said it would have also been a deadly injury had he not been built like he was around the neck muscle wise. It is a very freaky accident and it was reported that a strength and conditioning trainer was there but could not stop the accident. My prayers are with him, his family, the players that had to witness this. That has to be a very horrific thing to see.

Almost happened to me not to long ago...I was feeling way to strong at the "end" of my workout so my dumba$$ tried declining bench 90 percent on my max and it didn't go so well..luckily I was able to throw it over to one side..Pretty embarrassing if I may say..

I think that's happened to everybody that seriously works out at least once. I know its happened to me on bench..and squat (gettin down and not bein able to get back up haha). Makes you think about how lucky you really are when stuff like that happens