petition to change region d championship site

bigbluetrain

Nope, don't think it is right for anyone to have homefield on a championship status game. Sorry

Really? So if Richlands winds up in the Region IV final you think it should be played at a neutral site?

Really? So if Richlands winds up in the Region IV final you think it should be played at a neutral site?

Play it at Bluefield or Carrol County. lol I dont find it fair that Region D is the only Region out of 12 Regions to force this. All or nothing.

I thought you guys were talking about the state championship game. For any playoff game prior to the state game then yes it should be to the most deserving team. My bad I miss understood your question.

I thought you guys were talking about the state championship game. For any playoff game prior to the state game then yes it should be to the most deserving team. My bad I miss understood your question.

I kinda thought you did. lol

I like the State Title games the way they are though I would like to see the D1 and 2 games at Virginia Tech.

I kinda thought you did. lol

I like the State Title games the way they are though I would like to see the D1 and 2 games at Virginia Tech.

I like it 10 times better the state games being at VT. I had heard its only for this year though, any truth to that?

Probably. Liberty has some type of construction going on I think. I would like to see them rotate sites every year. There are a lot of nice college stadiums in Virginia including two in this part of the state with UVA-Wise and Emory & Henry. I hate the lime green carpet at Wise but the facility is very nice. Emory is in the middle of an improvement project and are turning that stadium into one of the most beautiful in the state. I think they're planning a new field house and press box for next year.

I like it 10 times better the state games being at VT. I had heard its only for this year though, any truth to that?

yep. they only movedthem due to Liberty having renovations done.

Probably. Liberty has some type of construction going on I think. I would like to see them rotate sites every year. There are a lot of nice college stadiums in Virginia including two in this part of the state with UVA-Wise and Emory & Henry. I hate the lime green carpet at Wise but the facility is very nice. Emory is in the middle of an improvement project and are turning that stadium into one of the most beautiful in the state. I think they're planning a new field house and press box for next year.

UVA Wises stadium is to small to host that game. They are installing Field Turf at Wise within the next year or so.

Nope, don't think it is right for anyone to have homefield on a championship status game. Sorry

Then there is no reason to seed them. You should just do a coin flip to see who plays each other. Without having home field advantage then there is no reason to push for the best record as long as you know you are getting in. There is no reason it shouldn't be home-field.

I think VT is perfect b/c its pretty central when coming from Lynchburg and our way about an hour and half eiter way. I know everyone is not in Lynchburg but I think its a great location. Like Brookville for example, if they make it to state (as they did last year) its pretty much a home game for them.

Whinning already? You haven't got to that game yet!! I like it played at Wise, great place to watch a game and no rednecks hanging on the fence cuss'in kids.

Who and/or what are you talking about?

Whinning already? You haven't got to that game yet!! I like it played at Wise, great place to watch a game and no rednecks hanging on the fence cuss'in kids.

UVA-Wise is a terrible facility to watch a game. There is not near enough seats especially on the visitor's side. It is just not a good site play a game.

Edited by vthokies331

No one said you had to sign it.;)

There's no reason to play it at UVA-Wise. You don't play on that crap of a surface all year long, yet you put 15-18 year old kids out there on it for a championship game. Parking there has sucked the past 2 years, and now with the construction going on it will be that much more of a nightmare.

No one said you had to sign it.;)

I'm not. I like watching two good games in the same day at the same place. I haven't had any trouble parking, no problem with the seating and both teams play on the same surface. I've enjoyed every high school game I've watched there. Let me guess who the whinners are.......nah, they already know. Since when did you just start putting 15-18 year olds on the field, don't you mean 16-19 year olds?

Edited by clodhopper