WVU # 9 Coaches Poll/preseason

wvuraiders

msu got him can't blame him izzo does great job....no worries :)

think he wanted to play right away. who could he start over at WVU? or even 2 deep. WVU is a team of beasts this year

He would have been a huge pick up for us but we will do just fine without him...WVU basketball will have a legit shot to contend with anyone and everyone the next few years, if not longer...
very very true...u goin to any hoops games man?

Guest JJBrickface
Huggins can recruit 'em, but he can't graduate 'em.

Gotta do both, TBH...

Its hard to graduate them when they are able to leave early for the NBA.

Huggins can recruit 'em, but he can't graduate 'em.

Gotta do both, TBH...

Huggs doesn't have the best track record with Graduation, but it's mainly because a lot of those hit the NBA draft. You can't blame a kid who has nothing, for taking a couple cool million. Look at Bradford for football, he could have been one of if not the top pick in last year's draft. Injury might drop his stock and will surely drop his guaranteed money.

Huggins is a great recruiter and a great coach. He develops his talent for the next level. If they were dropping out of school or just decided to go be a Thug, then fine. Otherwise, he does a great job doing what he does.

Huggs doesn't have the best track record with Graduation, but it's mainly because a lot of those hit the NBA draft. You can't blame a kid who has nothing, for taking a couple cool million. Look at Bradford for football, he could have been one of if not the top pick in last year's draft. Injury might drop his stock and will surely drop his guaranteed money.

Huggins is a great recruiter and a great coach. He develops his talent for the next level. If they were dropping out of school or just decided to go be a Thug, then fine. Otherwise, he does a great job doing what he does.

The kid leaving for the NBA doesn't hold much water. UNC loses more players early to the draft than any other school, but yet are always at the top of the graduation rates. That's due to the fact Carolina guys generally continue to work toward their degrees after leaving. It also has a lot to do with the character of the individuals.

I'm not saying it's the case at WVU, but at UC Huggins signed quite a few players with questionable character. He was able to land a number of the higher profile recruits there because the elite schools wouldn't touch them because of baggage, etc. The same type of thing occurred at Memphis with Calipari in recent years, and at UMass back in the 1990s.

The kid leaving for the NBA doesn't hold much water. UNC loses more players early to the draft than any other school, but yet are always at the top of the graduation rates. That's due to the fact Carolina guys generally continue to work toward their degrees after leaving. It also has a lot to do with the character of the individuals.

I'm not saying it's the case at WVU, but at UC Huggins signed quite a few players with questionable character. He was able to land a number of the higher profile recruits there because the elite schools wouldn't touch them because of baggage, etc. The same type of thing occurred at Memphis with Calipari in recent years, and at UMass back in the 1990s.

This.

And regarding Calipari in Memphis and at UMass, he's just a time-bomb ticking in Lexington right now.

This.

And regarding Calipari in Memphis and at UMass, he's just a time-bomb ticking in Lexington right now.

I know. I cannot wait until he sinks the UK program even lower than they've experienced in the past. I'm looking forward to the the second SI issue entitled, "Kentucky's Shame."

Guest JJBrickface
i could careless if they graduate or not, my buddy issac graduated from wvu and hes pushin carts with me at sams club...i just wanna see em win games

If they are future NBA players then I don't care if they graduate, but if they don't have a chance at playing basketball professionally then I do care if they get a good education.