James Monroe to replace 3 teams next year!

kevin

Wyoming East and Mt. View have dropped us and North Cross was just a 1 year deal. It's getting ridiculous that local teams won't play each other. I understand the Mt. View reason they are suppose to be dropping to single A and they have major problems anyway. Look at Shady Springs for an example. They won't play us but they played Keyser. Makes no sense. They can't compete with them either and that is one hell of a trip. I keep hearing that we are trying to get Princeton back. I hope so .That was a great game and very good gate for both teams.

Princeton and Graham would be 2 great additions to the schedule in my opinion if it would ever come to be. Giles would be great for them also. Would be a good competitive game and not very far to travel.

Basically James Monroe doesn't play Giles anymore because idiot fans from both sides couldn't control themselves. Pretty much a couple dozen fights would break out during/after those games, so after a few years of that enough was enough.

princeton has to play 8 games in the msac.........that only leaves beaver and graham for non conference games............it would be great to pick up james monroe again for the money and the short trip if it could be worked out.........all those charleston teams bring about 100 fans a piece to the games on a good night.......it would be great if princeton could play beaver, graham, james monroe, east, beckley, tazewell, richlands and maybe a pulaski county every year...........that would be 8 teams that would be good rival games and good gates for home games..........i think that east, beckley, tazewell, richlands, and pulaski would all be AAA in west virginia ratings....that would just leave 2 other teams to pick up each year....but , it is probably something that would never work out, but would be nice to have all those local rivalries again. it would make friday nights a little more enjoyable.

princeton has to play 8 games in the msac.........that only leaves beaver and graham for non conference games............it would be great to pick up james monroe again for the money and the short trip if it could be worked out.........all those charleston teams bring about 100 fans a piece to the games on a good night.......it would be great if princeton could play beaver, graham, james monroe, east, beckley, tazewell, richlands and maybe a pulaski county every year...........that would be 8 teams that would be good rival games and good gates for home games..........i think that east, beckley, tazewell, richlands, and pulaski would all be AAA in west virginia ratings....that would just leave 2 other teams to pick up each year....but , it is probably something that would never work out, but would be nice to have all those local rivalries again. it would make friday nights a little more enjoyable.

Starting with the 2009 season the MSAC are no longer required to play eight conference games. This is why Princeton was able to add Graham to their schedule. It's also why Greenbrier East was added to the Bluefield schedule and why Beckley tried scheduling Bluefield for 2009.

Starting with the 2009 season the MSAC are no longer required to play eight conference games. This is why Princeton was able to add Graham to their schedule. It's also why Greenbrier East was added to the Bluefield schedule and why Beckley tried scheduling Bluefield for 2009.

it would be nice to get to play more local teams...maybe they can get a few more on the shedule.

REALLY???? Tazewell and Richlands will prob. be A in Va. in 2 years. Are WV AAA schools THAT small ??

I Believe Richlands would be AAA in WV, and Tazewell would be right on the border...I can't find exact numbers for this year..

http://www.wvmat.com/misc/classes.htm

Class AAA Schools

619 or more in upper three grades

Class AA Schools

340 - 618 upper three grades

Class A schools

0-337 upper three grades

I Believe Richlands would be AAA in WV, and Tazewell would be right on the border...I can't find exact numbers for this year..

http://www.wvmat.com/misc/classes.htm

Class AAA Schools

619 or more in upper three grades

Class AA Schools

340 - 618 upper three grades

Class A schools

0-337 upper three grades

Richlands would be AA in WV...

http://www.wvssac.org/new_site/WVSSAC_WebSite/HTML/sportsandschedules/football/Out%20of%20State%20Classifications%20VA.htm

Guest lookoutmountain

Carroll County is also listed as AA in WV, yet Tunstall is listed as AAA. Carroll County has more kids than Tunstall and I know Carroll has more than 620 kids grades 10 through 12. I have no doubt about that. I think WV isn't taking to much of a look at the numbers in Virginia because I found one descrepency for sure. Perhaps they do take a close looks at the teams in Virginia that actually plays a WV school for any given year, but to list Carroll as AA is certainly out of the ballpark. If you look through there, you can find more discrepencies.