wvu lost

wvuraiders

Guest JJBrickface
enough said......three things 3 and 9 run up the middle with game on the line.....and

2 hosed in second quarter td given to bear cats...last...the offensive line is really really bad!

Great effort by WVU. There is no doubt in my mind that the problem with this team is the O Line. I think if Brown gets time to pass he could pick apart defenses.

The game certainly changed with that bogus call to overturn the fumble. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could view that as being conclusive evidence.

its not the team boys..its the coaching...3rd and 9 with 5 mins to go and u run a halfback dive?? are u serious?? then on 4th and 8 instead of tryin a 42 yard field goalu decide to pass...man i cant wait to watch the hoops team!!

its not the team boys..its the coaching...3rd and 9 with 5 mins to go and u run a halfback dive?? are u serious?? then on 4th and 8 instead of tryin a 42 yard field goalu decide to pass...man i cant wait to watch the hoops team!!

If Bitancurt would have missed that 42 yd fg you would have screaming that we should have gone for it!!! yeah i questioned running Sanders on 3rd and 9 but it takes guts to make that call on 4th down and some bad calls by the refs didn't help either... since you're ready for hoops leave football for the fans who really care.

I would have been screaming "go for it" of bittancurt missed that FG??!?!?!?!?!

Wrong, it was the right call. Who the **** goes for it when you can kick a field goal

Dumb play by a dumb coaching staff. We'd be all tied up at 24 if we would have attempted that FG

Wrong, it was the right call. Who the **** goes for it when you can kick a field goal

Dumb play by a dumb coaching staff. We'd be all tied up at 24 if we would have attempted that FG

But what if we would have kicked the field goal and missed it? what would have it been then? Stewart's a dumbass for not going for it...would be my guess but since we did go for it I guess Stewart's a dumbass for not kicking it. A 42 yard field goal in a pressure situation on the road isn't a gimme.

Guest JJBrickface

And what makes you think that the score would have been tied at 24? Look, I agree that we should have kicked but like onewvu said we easily could have missed it.

Guest JJBrickface

Uhhh actually it is the team. Once again re-watch the game and see the average amount of time JB had in the pocket. If he had time he could have picked them apart and I think we would have won by two TD's.

This team has two big problems, offensive line play and lack of defensive backs. You can be like all of the other armchair QB's and continue to bitch about coaching.

Tough loss for the 'Eers. They literally got hosed late in the 2nd quarter on the phantom TD call. Officiating as bad as some HS games I saw this year. Makes me wonder if in the grand scheme of things, the Big East wants (needs) an end-of-season show-down between the Bearcats and Pitt???????

WVU should have gone into halftime up by a TD.

As for going for it on 4th and long late in the 4th quarter, that was a tough call. Hindsight is always 20/20! Looking back, going for the FG would have been the right call, but that is assuming kicker makes the kick.

Should have never gotten to the point of worrying about this situation and call. WVU is a better team than the Bearcats.

Guest JJBrickface
Tough loss for the 'Eers. They literally got hosed late in the 2nd quarter on the phantom TD call. Officiating as bad as some HS games I saw this year. Makes me wonder if in the grand scheme of things, the Big East wants (needs) an end-of-season show-down between the Bearcats and Pitt???????

As for going for it on 4th and long late in the 4th quarter, that was a tough call. Hindsight is always 20/20! Looking back, going for the FG would have been the right call, but that is assuming kicker makes the kick.

Should have never gotten to the point of worrying about this situation and call. WVU is a better team than the Bearcats.

Good analysis, and I think you are right about the Big East wanting that Cincy Pitt showdown. Overall I thought the referees did a pretty good job but the replay official definitely looks sketchy making that call.

I'm not one of those conspiracy theorist but damm, if it doesn't look like all of the top teams in their respective conferences are getting all the calls every week, and the SEC is the most obvious trying to protect UF and Alabama.

I didn't see the WVU-Cincy game last night but if a Hokie fan said that WVU got screwed then it must of had happened.LOL.

politics....if wvu fans remember a couple of years ago...pitt had some terrible calls go against them....but wvu still lost. college football is getting as bad as pro football...too much politics...tell espn and the ratings to suck it and the world would be a better place.

I still don't understand why you wouldnt kick a Field Goal right there. You're gathering some of the momentum back on your side, but insted you go for it on 4th down. You should take the points anytime you can get them. Dumb call. Disagree with me if you want, but last night I was still yelling for a FG before i even knew that were going for it

WVU played a very tough CINCY team and held their own. The O line is young / weak. We have a kid trying to run an offense. He should have been hired as an O coordinator. That was a favor to Jim Grobe. Thanks Stew. Stew is a great guy, but never should have been hired as a HC. We need someone with that killer instinct, someone who will jump someone's shit when they screw up, Someone who isn't satisfied being in the game. Stew is an awesome person and I'm sure a good position coach of sorts, but he's no HC. I was willing to give him a chance, but geez. WVU got screwed hard core in the second when Pead fumbled the ball and the damn booth guy says ummmmm it's a TD. Made me want to barf.

Anyway, coaching and line was subpar. We've got two tough games ahead. 9-3 is possible, but 7-5 is unnacceptable.

If Bitancurt would have missed that 42 yd fg you would have screaming that we should have gone for it!!! yeah i questioned running Sanders on 3rd and 9 but it takes guts to make that call on 4th down and some bad calls by the refs didn't help either... since you're ready for hoops leave football for the fans who really care.
for the fans that really care??? wow u really dont know me then, ask bluefieldrocks how big of a wvu fan i am.. and i dont care what u say those were 2 dumb calls, 3rd and 9 on the 26 and they run jock on a hb dive, and then 4th down i dont care u try a 42 yd fg. heck high school boys make that. if they cant depend on a kicker from that distance they may needa open tryouts like a few years ago when boston college did that and got that walk on kicker from the student section.. Nuff said

Guest JJBrickface

I just think its funny how you guys cry about something that you have no control over.

I just think its funny how you guys cry about something that you have no control over.
isnt that waht a message board is for?? expressing feelings? thats all message boards are is people discussing their feelings on sports situations..

for the fans that really care??? wow u really dont know me then, ask bluefieldrocks how big of a wvu fan i am.. and i dont care what u say those were 2 dumb calls, 3rd and 9 on the 26 and they run jock on a hb dive, and then 4th down i dont care u try a 42 yd fg. heck high school boys make that. if they cant depend on a kicker from that distance they may needa open tryouts like a few years ago when boston college did that and got that walk on kicker from the student section.. Nuff said

Ok then lets say he makes the fg then they get ball at midfield and their running back brakes a big run like he did and only this time they punch it in to make it 28-17 then what would ya say then? if you're a big wvu fan as you say are you are...then swallow your pride and get behind this team and support them these next 2 games. I know i sure as hell am. NUFF SAID!!!

isnt that waht a message board is for?? expressing feelings? thats all message boards are is people discussing their feelings on sports situations..

Bingo.....it's to discuss whatever the topic is. Give your opinion. We all do it. Noone in here has any control over 90% of the topics they post.