Politics 101

the watcher

The reason President Obama went to Russia was to get support for economic and political pressure on Iran.This move was to further isolate Iran on the world stage.

The reason President Obama went to China was to foster economic cooperation since we Owe them so much for buying our federal notes , a lot of this debt is spent on past and present wars which we have won or lost. The ones we have lost are Vietnam,which after getting out we did a lot more for Vietnam than we ever could by dropping bombs.We achieved a tie in Korea.When we did not have as much debt we were able to step into wars which we had to fight,wwI !! and WW1 and win.By getting into all these scrapes in small countries we are weakening ourselves economically over the long run,by building debt.Ron Paul, a conservative from Texas, has said the same thing over and over.We cannot force ourselves on others.Ron pAUL WOULD shrink military.Our miltary servicemen are stretched to the limit. we have a high percentage taking their own lives after serving more tours than we asked in Vietnam.Take a look at what Ron Paul said.I dont necessarily believe in everything he says but this part I do.And take a look at this pie chart with an open mind.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/chroncast/detail?blogid=5&entry_id=18533

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm

The reason President Obama went to Russia was to get support for economic and political pressure on Iran.This move was to further isolate Iran on the world stage.

The reason President Obama went to China was to foster economic cooperation since we Owe them so much for buying our federal notes , a lot of this debt is spent on past and present wars which we have won or lost. The ones we have lost are Vietnam,which after getting out we did a lot more for Vietnam than we ever could by dropping bombs.We achieved a tie in Korea.When we did not have as much debt we were able to step into wars which we had to fight,wwI !! and WW1 and win.By getting into all these scrapes in small countries we are weakening ourselves economically over the long run,by building debt.Ron Paul, a conservative from Texas, has said the same thing over and over.We cannot force ourselves on others.Ron pAUL WOULD shrink military.Our miltary servicemen are stretched to the limit. we have a high percentage taking their own lives after serving more tours than we asked in Vietnam.Take a look at what Ron Paul said.I dont necessarily believe in everything he says but this part I do.And take a look at this pie chart with an open mind.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/chroncast/detail?blogid=5&entry_id=18533

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm

The wars aren't putting the u.s. in debt, it's the out of control spending on things that don't produce anything in return. The wars do cost but there's actually a lot of business and development industries that thrive in times of war.

It's a cost of being safe.

I realize the military is stretched thin though but the fact is after the gulf war the clinton administration downsized the military to a level that obviously wouldn't support any prolonged war anywhere, much less being able to fight a war on 2 different fronts. This was incompetence.

Even so the military, particularly the army and the national guard were desperate for recruits around '05, so the 2nd big brutally honest reason that so many people have to go back time after time is that less than 1% of the able bodied American men actually man up and enlist to do their share. You've got a country that prides itself on being full of tough and strong people who ironically don't seem mind going about their lives here knowing that less than 1 % are shouldering the burden of war in such a way.

Is present day society in america simply to soft in desire and will and ability for any war anymore, I don't know, it's possible. Unfortunately it's simply necessary.

that said I know the president isn't on a european golf tour, but the fact is the effort for the afghanistan war should have been priority and been done back in august, at the latest early sept. But they've been completely obsessed with their health care agenda, ....speaking of debt.

It would be disaster to reduce the military anymore at that. They should increase it, on that, oddly people don't ever consider the fact that the military is actually a good paying job, that actually puts a lot of civilians to work on the outside to.

Increasing it would actually be good for the economy as long as nothing is outsourced to other countries, but then the u.s. has always basically developed their own equipment and weapons, ships and aircraft and technology so that wouldn't be much conerns..

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

Ron Paul, doesn't necessarily believe in diminshing the size of the military as much as he believes in removing them from around the world. He does believe that we should greatly reduce our involvement in foreign affairs at least on a military level, and I for one agree with him on that matter.

Military conflicts do strain our economy over a period of time and the excessive spending of Congress for other Welfare State programs also is killing our economy. I believe that it is a combination of the two, with the larger burden being domestic spending.

The wars aren't putting the u.s. in debt, it's the out of control spending on things that don't produce anything in return.

Did anybody see the news report on CNN where the economic stimulus bill is giving money to create jobs in places that don't even exist???

I'm talking the government has published the number of jobs created in and dollar figures given to these non-existent precints/districts throughout the US. O'bama's administration is trying to blame "human error".

Well, he's partially correct...it was a huge "human error" to elect him into office...

So Barry, just exactly where did that money go???

Here is what I'm talking about...

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/11/17/morning-bell-the-fake-jobs-of-obamas-failed-stimulus/

Did anybody see the news report on CNN where the economic stimulus bill is giving money to create jobs in places that don't even exist???

I'm talking the government has published the number of jobs created in and dollar figures given to these non-existent precints/districts throughout the US. O'bama's administration is trying to blame "human error".

Well, he's partially correct...it was a huge "human error" to elect him into office...

So Barry, just exactly where did that money go???

Here is what I'm talking about...

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/11/17/morning-bell-the-fake-jobs-of-obamas-failed-stimulus/

Once again, Barry and the boys EXPOSED!

From the military,but not anywhere else!

I didn't write anything about stimulus in other ways, but there's responsible, sensible stimulus, and irresponsible stimulus that only increases the debt, what the u.s. has had most of under this administration has been the latter....