Congrats Lebanon

Unchained

Absolutely took us to the shed today. Alot of folks from alot of places make alot of excuses,but a spade is a spade. It is common knowledge that when Lebanon brings their A-game that pound for pound,man for man,athlete for athlete,the only squad in the region/this end of the state who can go toe to toe with them is Gate City. Today they made us do things that I've not seen all year (like miss so many darn tackles). Now,you'll not hear any crying from Kelly fans. We were picked to finish 4th in the LPD after graduating the ENTIRE backfield from last year,and finished 2nd. We also increased the win total from 7-8 this year, and beat the Burton Raiders for the first time in ages . These things may not mean much to programs with strong traditions like PV,and GC,but to a program who has been down for so long like Kelly's,these are the positive proof/signs that the corner is being turned at Wise. To the seniors at JJK,I say "Heads up men. The program that you leave today is a heckuva lot better than the program you came into,and it's because of you guys. Losing is no longer commonplace or acceptable at Kelly. You all laid a foundation that the kids coming up (and there are some good ones) can build on,and more importantly than football players,you all are quality folks who will go far in life. It has been more of a priveledge getting to know you all as folks than watching you all on the football field (although that's been fun as well). To the crew from Lebanon: Best of luck vs GC in what should be a dandy.

Congrats to the Lebanon Pioneers! I thought this would be a really good game. I am imagining there were no LPD chants at the game. lol :D

How did Abingdon do in their playoff game today? Oh that's right,Virginia doesn't let 3-7 teams in. You could always petition the state of KY though lol.

Unchained, looks like the program over there is definately going in the right direction. Good luck in the future.

We've got a bunch of hard-working kids who want to get better,and there's where it starts. Thanks for the good word.

How did Abingdon do in their playoff game today? Oh that's right,Virginia doesn't let 3-7 teams in. You could always petition the state of KY though lol.

Dude, get over it! This is what us Abingdon people hear on a weekly basis. What happened to you guys? Whine & Cheese and other intelligent sayings. Just deal with it when you get your butt kicked and get ready for next year. By the way, would your coach be interested in the Abingdon job? :rolleyes:

Dude, get over it! This is what us Abingdon people hear on a weekly basis. What happened to you guys? Whine & Cheese and other intelligent sayings. Just deal with it when you get your butt kicked and get ready for next year. By the way, would your coach be interested in the Abingdon job? :rolleyes:

You know why Abingdon gets such a hard time on here? Fans like you who make excuses when they get beat. You all KILLED us all on here after the loss to Burton. Let me try the Abingdon approach:

"We got beat because we didn't have Osborne yesterday to cover Cobb. Oh yeah,and we got beat because the color of the grass on Lebanon's field had us confused. We also ran over a possum on the way over,and it got us all tummy sick". GEEZ!!! (rolls eyes)

We got beat yesterday,and the Kelly fans have enough class to acknowledge that,and we congratulate a fine Lebanon team. BTW not all folk from Abingdon are like that. I've got friends and family there,but folks are tired of hearing the moaning,whining,and crying week after week after the Birds get waxed. YOU ALL need to get over it...dude. As for the Big Indian? He's not going anywhere,as he's got a good thing going on The Reservation.

Edited by Unchained

Virginia is NOTORIOUS for having teams that are 3-7 (or worse) make the playoffs.

Just not in R4D4.

Not nearly as notorious as KY or TN where a 1-9 can get in,and 3-7 doesn't usually get you in on this end of the state.

Notice I said usually. When the region is as weak as water,you see it from time to time.

Maybe the region as a whole is weak, but there is one solid team in there from Wash Co. I think you might find this out in a couple of weeks. :cool: