FCA All-Star Game

KCFan

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Game was played Friday evening. Bristol paper had a picture on front page of sports section but no accompanying article. I know this was first year and weather played a significant role in delaying game, but seems there was not a lot of marketing or publicity.

Anyone see the game? Provide a summary?

:)

Game was played Friday evening. Bristol paper had a picture on front page of sports section but no accompanying article. I know this was first year and weather played a significant role in delaying game, but seems there was not a lot of marketing or publicity.

Anyone see the game? Provide a summary?

Hey guys I was one of the organizers of the game. The game was played Friday. North Coaches were going to be out of town on Saturday so Friday was selected .Weather presented a major problem for the original date of Dec.19. On Dec. 19 there was 19 inches of snow on Va. High's field. The game was moved from then to Jan 9 but another artic winter blast rolled in and hindered that date. These delays hindered publicity. The game was won by the North All-Stars 14-6. North scored on the opening drive. I believe it was Andy Bowers of Va. High who scored the first TD. North threw an interception on South teams 6 yard line. South fumbled and Jeff Bramlett of Holston recovered and ran it in for a TD. The score was 14-0 at half. North was held scoreless in the second half. South scored in the early fourth Quarter on a TD run by Jay Adams of Lee High. The extra point was was missed. South drove the ball to the North 10 yard line with time running out but could not convert a Td on the final play of the game. North was coached by Va. High's Chris Thurmond ,Chilhowie's Larry Russell and Lebanon's John Adams. South was coached by Doug Hubbard of Honaker ,Ethan Owens of Ervinton and Mike Owens of UVA-Wise. All the players had a lot of fun and all saw a lot of playing time. I am sorry for the lack of publicity. We are contemplating our original All-Star idea of Va .versus Tenn. game in spring in honor of Sullivan South;s Jake Logue who passed away while playing West Knoxville last year. Hopefully there will be no blizzards in April to hinder that game if we can put it together. Finally one last thing, putting togther a high school senior All-Star game is a tremendous amount of work. I never realized this until I attempted our first . Maybe others in the future will be a wee bit easier. Please accept my apology for the lack of publicity.

:)

Hey guys I was one of the organizers of the game. The game was played Friday. North Coaches were going to be out of town on Saturday so Friday was selected .Weather presented a major problem for the original date of Dec.19. On Dec. 19 there was 19 inches of snow on Va. High's field. The game was moved from then to Jan 9 but another artic winter blast rolled in and hindered that date. These delays hindered publicity. The game was won by the North All-Stars 14-6. North scored on the opening drive. I believe it was Andy Bowers of Va. High who scored the first TD. North threw an interception on South teams 6 yard line. South fumbled and Jeff Bramlett of Holston recovered and ran it in for a TD. The score was 14-0 at half. North was held scoreless in the second half. South scored in the early fourth Quarter on a TD run by Jay Adams of Lee High. The extra point was was missed. South drove the ball to the North 10 yard line with time running out but could not convert a Td on the final play of the game. North was coached by Va. High's Chris Thurmond ,Chilhowie's Larry Russell and Lebanon's John Adams. South was coached by Doug Hubbard of Honaker ,Ethan Owens of Ervinton and Mike Owens of UVA-Wise. All the players had a lot of fun and all saw a lot of playing time. I am sorry for the lack of publicity. We are contemplating our original All-Star idea of Va .versus Tenn. game in spring in honor of Sullivan South;s Jake Logue who passed away while playing West Knoxville last year. Hopefully there will be no blizzards in April to hinder that game if we can put it together. Finally one last thing, putting togther a high school senior All-Star game is a tremendous amount of work. I never realized this until I attempted our first . Maybe others in the future will be a wee bit easier. Please accept my apology for the lack of publicity.

Thanks for update. I wanted to stop by and watch but had a prior commitment. My son was supposed to play but a nagging injury from regular season precluded this. Kudos for all the work it took to pull this off.

wouldn't ya know Bramlett would get a td..would have loved to saw that over at emory in the semi game..still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth..2-0???geez

Actually, I'd like to have even seen Bramlett's field goal not get deflected on the last play of the game just to see if it would have been good. Had the leg...