Tempers flare as Rivals Clash

hokiepanther

Apparently a bad temper and a loud mouth runs in the Cooper bloodline, seeing as in tonights game between Twin Valley & Hurley, head coach Mark Cooper was tossed, and both his sons, Tyler and Austin were both served a T a piece. I think Lucas showed all the neigh sayers who the BDD's best center is tonight with double digits and a dunk to round out the night, while the panther held Waynick to mediocre game to say the least. Brandon Viers walked away with 13 points tonight. And despite the technical Austin Cooper played a good game droppin about 20 for the Rebels.

Edited by bucfan64

i think josh proved he is the only reason twin valley will win games...lucas proved that he doesn't play defense a couple of times...and the dunk was good...but then he proved something else after the dunk when he stopped and posed...completely ruined it...but ur right about the mouths...i like mark and the cooper kids...but you can't run your mouth to the refs the whole game...well the coach can i guess...they all do...but the players need to keep their mouths shut...and thats all players...i would also like to throw a shoutout to number ten from hurley....kid played very good...didn't stand out but had a solid game and someone said this was his first year on varsity so he stepped in and is doing very well...

josh is a big if not the biggest part of twin valleys game.. but you cant say he's the sole reason they win games when you got 2 other guys scorin double digits.. smith doesnt bring the ball down the court, nor does he play the perimeter.. smith is close to the best inside presence the bdd has ever seen in my opinion... second only to brad nuckles and maybe matthew baldwin.. but he's not the only reason twin valley wins.. good ball handling, crazy inside game, and ALOT of hard work.. thats what wins twin valley basketball games and thats what keeps puttin nets in the pail..

Guest redneckman

I thought this game was a bigger let down then the Soprano's series finale. Hurley seemed disinterested in playing the game. They didn't show any signs of life until Austin Cooper got hot and started draining threes in the 3rd quarter. After waiting basically a year to see it, everything I thought about the game was right. Hurley doesn't have an answer for Smith, The Cooper boys can get hot at any time and can shoot Hurley right back into the game or the lead. Waynick wanted no part of Smith inside, Twin Valley couldn't keep both Coopers covered up. I thought the role players played well. Brandon Viers is quietly having 5-10 assist, and 5-10 points a night with a board and a steal here or there..... Countryboy mentioned it # 10 shot well for Hurley. I'd like to see Hurley have a better attitude when things don't go their way. Cooper gets mad at the officials when a veteran player and coach get a little more leeway than most other players and teams, not saying it's right but we all know that the big names on the teams and the big coaches of the district get more calls... Hurley and the Coopers and even Waynick are potentially on their way to getting those calls and being that team maybe in the next few years.... IF THEY can keep their mouths shut now b/c they are starting to get bad reps with the officials.....

Also Wes Peck if he doesn't transfer will really compliment Hurley next few years with what they're doing, he's a phenominal passer who is truly unselfish and is a dribbling machine! Even though Twin Valley's JV beat Hurley by 10 +

I watched Hurley play and lose to both Honaker and Twin Valley and after the game gets out of hand, then so do Hurley's players. I understand that they're young but if they're ever going to turn the corner their going to have to quit the cry baby stuff... but that's any young team not just Hurley. And don't look now but Honaker is trying to make some noise. This year will channel some old school 90's BDD where on any given night any given team can be any other team. I still think that Twin Valley plays smarter and imposes their will the most, but they have to get more than just Viers and Smith and Shortridge going... if I were Hurley I'd get Gary Blankinship some free tanning sessinos and an I'm sorry Christmas present and in a hurry!!!!

that was well said...and lebanon showed how to beat twin valley...put pressure on the guards and not let them walk it up and get into a halfcourt game...they will turn it over if you put pressure on them...cause viers, just like those 5 to 10 points and assist you talked about will have 5 to 10 turnovers...as far as the calls going for the vets...i didn't see it that way the other night...i seen a pretty fairly called game...missed a few both ways but for the most part it was good...but im like you...i was very dissapointed in both...both teams looked sloppy, and i thought after all this talk it would be more intense...but like hokiepanther said they will probably play in twin valley's tournament...may have to go over there to see that...

Its ok hurley you still won the BDD in football!!!! oh wait no you didnt.... Its still ok your basketball team is better than Twin valley's ... oh wait no it isn't .... Baseball???

Oh yeah and whoever said Waynick is better than shortridge should be really ashamed.. i would like to give a shoutout to cody hubbard who actually shoot the ball and hit a big 3 when hurley was making a big run at the end.. Hobbs has done a great job of knocking down shots when he is open .. both can be really good but they just need time ..

• 2 weeks later...
josh is a big if not the biggest part of twin valleys game.. but you cant say he's the sole reason they win games when you got 2 other guys scorin double digits.. smith doesnt bring the ball down the court, nor does he play the perimeter.. smith is close to the best inside presence the bdd has ever seen in my opinion... second only to brad nuckles and maybe matthew baldwin.. but he's not the only reason twin valley wins.. good ball handling, crazy inside game, and ALOT of hard work.. thats what wins twin valley basketball games and thats what keeps puttin nets in the pail..

For one the bdd is alot older than you kid! second of all there atleast 10 if not more that played during these time frame alot better than josh and they didnt get the help from the refs that he does. yea I know you think Im crying , but if it bothers you for me to say this then it must have some truth to it. you can go back to the early 90's or the late 80's and find alot better than josh, have you ever heard of john potter? left handed and you could by know means stop him one on one alex clevinger was another either one of these guys would hold smith to single points . and if you dont think so then you have never seen them play . I have and I have seen alot more in my day you can bank on it!

[veteran player and coach get a little more leeway than most other players and teams, not saying it's right but we all know that the big names on the teams and the big coaches of the district get more calls... than most other players and teams, not saying it's right but we all know that the big names on the teams and the big coaches of the district get more calls... your kidding right? Harold Horn is the oldest coach and has the most wins than anyone left coaching in the bdd and he gets know breaks at all I watched a home game against phelps and I swear you would have thought he was the visiting team with all the lam calling. and for veteran players thats just dumb to say this isn't the nba so please dont make it sound like it with ( veteran player and coach get a little more leeway than most other players and teams) come on dude! think about what your saying , one minute you guys say that TV does'nt get any special treatment the next you guys say you do because your vets! lmao. Let me lay it down to you and all else that think your the greatest ball program ever . tradition starts with PRIDE and if all you have to be proud of is winning games that are only one by help from the refs well maybe you have alot to be proud of!

And as for the refs these days there about as bad as any blind one you can find on the street , they have know honor for this great game nore do they have a love it takes to do the job right, so lets be honest do you think TV has deserved eery close win they have won? that the worked harder during the game to pull out the win? or was it just good old veteran leadership lol, or did the refs just say hey its TV lets give a break there suppose to win right!!!!?

Its ok hurley you still won the BDD in football!!!! oh wait no you didnt.... Its still ok your basketball team is better than Twin valley's ... oh wait no it isn't .... Baseball???

Oh yeah and whoever said Waynick is better than shortridge should be really ashamed.. i would like to give a shoutout to cody hubbard who actually shoot the ball and hit a big 3 when hurley was making a big run at the end.. Hobbs has done a great job of knocking down shots when he is open .. both can be really good but they just need time ..

I'm glad Twin Hollers is good at something...

didn't pocahontas play in the BDD in the early 80's? I know in 80-81 they had 2 seniors that ended up with over 1000 points.

You know when you mentioned those 2 guys I thought ? you know these guys not only scores a 1000 points but done it without a 3 point line as did most of the guys I have mentioned as well, just think of all of the players from the 80' that have been in the 1000 point club before the 3 point line was in , and they are hardly ever talked about on here. I guess mostly because most of these guys that are doing the talking were only a thought or a stain in there daddy's paints.lol

How can you even mention football in the same sentence.....If im not mistaken the score was 54-6 and probably would have been 100-6 if Tester and Crigger wasnt good friends...but wait the second team was scoring at will. So really you should not even mention football....Nobody is saying that hurley is better in b-ball than TV. Yes they do need to striaghten their attitudes up before they even have a chance at doing anything. Im embarrased to go watch a b-ball game becasue of some attitudes.

You know when you mentioned those 2 guys I thought ? you know these guys not only scores a 1000 points but done it without a 3 point line as did most of the guys I have mentioned as well, just think of all of the players from the 80' that have been in the 1000 point club before the 3 point line was in , and they are hardly ever talked about on here. I guess mostly because most of these guys that are doing the talking were only a thought or a stain in there daddy's paints.lol

if any of you remember them, their names were ronnie kennedy & montell bowman. my mom graduated with them and told me they were ronnie was better than anyone that she had seen. montell was more of a football player, i believe he was first team all bdd and region, but still to score 1000 points in them days, with another guy on your team scoring that much too is quite an accomplishment.

Guest BlueBlue

Hurley is more worried bout gettin the myspace def. pics to make them look like beasts then winning games shucks...the cooper brothers are overrated austin is pretty good but tyler is the one guy on the team that when they lose they act "hurt" and cant play.twin valley on the other hand think they r the '"best damn team in the BDD" well they might be crying this year and not cheering.Council haha thats funny since they lost Toe .but really they dont have much to work with they are too young.Haysi has the BDD stud tha kid always wins and dont do $$$$ lol.Honaker they are too worried bout -------------- there they dont have time to slam dunk the ball they are ---------.

Edited by bucfan64
Personal degradation, inappropriate comments, sexual accusations

Hurley is more worried bout gettin the myspace def. pics to make them look like beasts then winning games shucks...the cooper brothers are overrated austin is pretty good but tyler is the one guy on the team that when they lose they act "hurt" and cant play.twin valley on the other hand think they r the '"best damn team in the BDD" well they might be crying this year and not cheering.Council haha thats funny since they lost Toe the only thing close to his size is his lol.but really they dont have much to work with they are too young.Haysi has the BDD stud tha kid always wins and dont do shit lol.Honaker they are too

I might be wrong but sounds like ol' blueblue got turned down. I think you should keep your opinions to yourself and not degrade a girl from behind a computer screen.

Edited by thevols

Guest BlueBlue

are you my mom...i think not so please feel free to keep ya month closed its america freedom of speech member that