Grundy wins big orange classic

Guest quispbird

Guest quispbird

Won 7 weight classes.

Wrestle christiansburg at va. tech next weekned i believe.

I would have tried to skip this part though....wow:

Grundy senior John Dotson thinks he has the answer.

"I believe that we've got them this year. It's no doubt in my mind that we've got a better team," Dotson said. "We're stronger and we're working a lot harder than they are."

Maybe a few fans will show up Friday at Cassell Coliseum, where Grundy and Christiansburg will square off as a preliminary to a match between Central Michigan and Virginia Tech, where Dresser is now the Hokies' head coach.

Dotson isn't predicting, but ...

"To this point, we've been a better dual team," he said. "I'd say if we win, we're gonna get it in their heads that we'll win state."

At 135 pounds, Dotson was in the pack of Grundy's parade of champions Saturday that included three-time Big Orange winner Sean Vandyke (112), Jeremy Hurley (119), Justin Street (125), Dakota Vance (130), Ethan Owens (140) and Cody Rife (145).

Vandyke pulled out an 8-6 decision over Franklin County's Andrew Turner in a battle of returning champions from 2009.

If Grundy doesn't get Christiansburg this year, the Golden Wave will have just one more chance. Grundy, which has lost more than half of its enrollment in the 12 years Fiser has been in town, is dropping to Group A in 2011-12.

"Our football team, our basketball team and all them, they want it," Dotson said. "I don't think it's going to test our wrestling team as much. We're in a level where we go to Las Vegas and wrestle all these big-name teams. Single-A's not going to be much for us."