Halftime: Graham 34 Cave Spring 34

UVA_Fan

Just back from T-Town, and here are my comments. I will start with Graham and Cave.

The G-Men played a very solid game, and gave Cave all they wanted, it seemed that they simply ran out of gas. The G-Men played with a lot of heart. The Henderson kid is a nice big man, and caused Graham fits. He was much improved from when I saw him last year. Very solid on D, and more polished in the post. What impressed me most were Cave's two guards 2 & 22. 2 ran the point well, and played stunning defense. 22 hit some nice threes and I was impressed with how quick he got off his shot.

The Martinsville - Grundy game was no contest very quickly. No one player stood out for Marva High, but as a team they were a joy to watch. They just came out and played ball. Calm, poised, and showing no emotion when calls went against them, or they made a mistake. As for Grundy this was the 3rd time I have seen them play and there is just one constant. They play hard and poised and never quit.

I am proud of the G-Men and I am going to miss watching them play. They gave Cave Spring all they wanted.

There are some folks on here that never gave the G-Men a chance and never had anything good to say about them. That's a shame because they deserved better. They proved tonight that they can play with a team outside of the southwest district.