Bluefield vs Pikeview

-oo-

Guest JJBrickface

Sounds like its a 20 point game in favor of Pikeview going into the 4th.

Once again Bluefield is too small to rebound and they can't shoot the ball.

There is always a chance. I just don't know what is up with this years team. They start the season out beating everyone including Pikeview pretty soundly and tonight they were up by as much as 15 at one point and then they were down by 20 at another point in the game and lost by 9. No disrespect to Pikeview they are a very good team but I just feel like this is a game the Beavers should have pulled out.

I listened to the first quarter, but that was it. How the heck did Bluefield go from leading 17-2 to being down 20 points in the second half? I'm sure coaching played a factor, but you cannot blame it all on coaching; that's embarrassing. I said back on Monday that Greenbrier West would be their final win this season.

I listened to the 3rd quarter, had the lead 30-28. Next thing you know it's turnover after turnover, followed by miss shot after miss shot...Hats off to Pikeview though, they seemed to hit the majority of their shots in the 3rd to go up by 20.

Bluefield couldn't make a shot in the 3rd quarter and Pikeview couldn't miss. Add in some turnovers and you have a 25 point or so 3rd quarter for PV and a 5 point or so 3rd for Bluefield.

Exactly; Bluefield hasn't played fundamental basketball in years. Until they get back to basics all the talent in the world won't win them a state championship.

Why did Bluefield get out out of the man-to-man defense? Held PV to 4 first quarter points and then went to a zone the second quarter.

I'm still trying to figure that one out. Man to man had PV flustered, they couldn't do anything!! Then they just ate our zone up by nailing 3 after 3. Buster has to adjust to that QUICKER.