Rumors.

I've heard some rumors (friend who's on Tech Sideline told me) that Will Cole is transferring to Concord. Can anyone confirm?

It was his lifelong dream to be a part of the football program in Blacksburg. That's why he walked on.

Like Hokie said Will's facebook page confirms he will be transferring to Concord...Just thought this article in the paper only 3 days ago is mis-leading...

http://bdtonline.com/collegesports/x2023217169/Will-Cole-longs-to-get-back-on-football-field

Will Cole longs to get back on football field

By BRIAN WOODSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD — Will Cole experienced football from a different perspective in 2009.

From the sidelines.

It wasn’t his preferred spot on the field, but as a freshman walk-on at Virginia Tech, Cole knew what awaited before he arrived.

“It is hard, but you have just got to understand what the situation is,†Cole said. “It is the college game, not many people are just going to walk in and just start right away. As an athlete, you are going to miss playing, no one likes to just watch the whole time.â€

Cole was an active participant at Bluefield for two seasons, leading the Beavers to a 13-0 record and a state championship as a junior, and then throwing for 3,023 yards and 33 touchdowns and winning the Kennedy Award as the state’s top performer during his senior campaign.

No wonder Cole missed being on the field when it counted, and watching others have all the fun.

“I missed (Bluefield) just because as an athlete you always want to play when you’re redshirting and not on the field,†Cole said. “I obviously missed high school because I was getting to play a lot and have a lot of fun.â€

That doesn’t mean his first season at Virginia Tech wasn’t fun too.

“I definitely enjoyed it, practicing with the players, and you did learn from the coaches,†Cole said. “I still got to go to most of the games so it was a good time, I enjoyed it.â€

While Cole wasn’t playing in the games, he took advantage of the opportunity, with an emphasis on observing, learning and working with hopes that his shot will come some day.

“It went pretty good, I redshirted and got a lot stronger and learned a whole lot because the game is pretty complex at the D-I level,†Cole said. “It was a good learning experience.

“It’s tough because sometimes you won’t get as many reps as some of the other guys, but it is just something you have to overcome and just work as hard as you can and you will be given a shot at some point.â€

Cole, who saw action in last month’s spring game for the Hokies, was able to attend meetings, practice with the team and learn from other Virginia Tech signal-callers, including rising senior Tyrod Taylor.

“I was in the meeting room with all the other quarterbacks, and got to learn a lot off of him,†Cole said. “I think he is a real good quarterback and he’s going to have a real good year next year.â€

Virginia Tech finished 10-3 in 2009, with a win over Tennessee in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Cole said that was a letdown after winning the Atlantic Coast Conference title and advancing to the Orange Bowl the previous two seasons when he was still quarterbacking the Beavers.

“I wouldn’t say we were pleased, but I think the way we came back from a couple of losses and got to a good bowl was a good thing,†Cole said. “I think we were expecting a lot more.â€

That won’t change in 2010, despite a slew of personnel losses on defense. The offense, which has been the question mark in recent seasons for the Hokies, should be full of firepower with the return of Taylor, tailbacks Ryan Williams and Darren Evans, and a deep collection of receivers.

As for that defense, Cole figures long-time defensive coordinator Bud Foster will have a typically strong unit.

“I think we will be good. I think our offense is going to be really, really good this year with our returning players we have coming back,†Cole said. “Coach Foster usually gets the defense ready so I don’t think too many people are going to be too worried about them.â€

Being a part of one of the rising powers in college football, Cole has had the opportunity to get an inside view on why Virginia Tech has been able to become annually the top program in the ACC, and one of the most consistent in the nation.

“It’s just the way they run things,†Cole said. “I think the strength and conditioning is real good. They get the athletes in real good shape and they have a great coaching staff that works good with the players to get the best out of them.â€

Virginia Tech opens its 2010 season against Boise State — which is expected to be a top five program when the season begins — and Cole said the Hokies will be ready, much like they were last season when they opened against equally highly-touted and eventual national champion Alabama.

“I think it is exciting. That is pretty much what all the guys talked about during spring practice was getting ready for Boise State and that is our main goal right now,†Cole said. “They continue to win, they’re another real great program, it is going to be a good matchup.â€

—Contact Brian Woodson

at bwoodson@bdtonline.com

Will was interviewed 2 weeks ago with Ansel for the articles on them the paper just delayed them and decided to put them in each sundays paper.

He is going to Concord. I think he will do well there and I wish my boy luck.

I think it's a good move for Will...I wish him the best of luck at Concord! Will, Jake, and Marcus are a great combination of talent for that team

Definitely a great combo. With the talent that Concord already has, they should contend strongly for the WVIAC championship

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1414119144/Will-Cole-to-attend-Concord

excerpt:

After a season at Virginia Tech, Will Cole has decided to transfer to Concord University and play for coach Mike Kellar and a program that enjoyed their most successful season in years.

“I just really liked the opportunity that Concord has given me to play football there,†Cole said. “I think it’s a blessing with the things that I would like to accomplish there. I felt like it was a good opportunity to transfer to Concord.â€