Unions the problem more complicated

the watcher

than that! I am sure if a person worked on here he would want a better wage the longer he was there. Part of the problem with loss of jobs has been greediness of unions but the corporations have just as much been at fault . One reason American companies have failed has been the concentration on profits by quarter rather than long term . If the unions had solely been at fault then textiles and furniture makers would still be abundant . The fact is the companies and the unions have wanted more for doing less . We always heard that the American worker was lazy and yet Japanese companies have built many car companies that pay good wages that have produced thousands of jobs in this country . The North American free trade agreement is also not the reason for so many manufacturing jobs loss . This treaty has nothing to do with China . Germany is high union and high industrial but one of the biggest manufacturers in the world . Come on people think!

http://www.ringelkater.de/Sounds/2geraeusche_virtuell/beavis_butthead_laugh.wav

Edited by the watcher

The problem is much greater than just the unions. However, it is not the people in the union that are the problem, it is the leadership within the unions. The leadership of unions have gone the way of corruption and greed much like the way they accuse the ownership of big business doing.

Creating a safer working environment, better wages and benefits should remain the goals of unions. Unfortunately, somewhere down the line benefits started including, lavish resorts, golf courses, memberships into country clubs, and several other ridiculous requests. These are non essential items and are a huge part of the problem. Other issues with unions include rules that disallow a supervisor to actually WORK on the job, in some cases, when a supervisor or BOSS is actually caught working they can be docked pay and have a grievance filed against them. This is utterly insane!

Furthermore, instances where local unions go on strike due to a lack of "bath soap" in the company showers is an abuse of power and leverage. Although, some of these items are trivial, I think you understand where I am coming from, the biggest damage that unions have done is promising unsustainable benefits and pensions to retired workers.

These unsustainable benefit packages are in many cases outrageous, in some instances pensioners collect 1,2 and even 3 hundred percent more than they actually paid into the system. Now that the unions cannot afford to backup the promises that they made, they then turn to Washington and lobby for UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE and other benefits. By getting the government to pass OBAMACARE, they passed their health care promise to pensioners onto the non-union tax payers of the country and removed the obligation from themselves. This saved them face with their pensioners and temporarily allowed them to breath a sigh of relief.

I am a member of a union, at least until the end of July, I will no longer be participating in their shenanigans and corrupt manipulation. In my personal opinion the union that I am a member of, THE NEA, has castrated the public school system and they are continually making a mockery out of our educational system.

Edited by bucfan64

Do you need a mirror?

No...I admit it...I don't work "all the time". I often take "extended" breaks but when the $hit hits the fan, you can count on me to go 110%...everything always gets done and that's all that is required...

I am a member of a union, at least until the end of July, I will no longer be participating in their shenanigans and corrupt manipulation. In my personal opinion the union that I am a member of, THE NEA, has castrated the public school system and they are continually making a mockery out of our educational system.

1. Glad to hear that you're standing up and bucking them.

2. Couldn't agree more about the NEA.