WV Preseason Football AP Poll

Bluefield_Rules

Class AAA 2009 Pts. Pvs. Opponent

1. South Charleston (19) 13-1 198 3 at Huntington

2. University 9-4 156 nr North Marion

3. Brooke 13-1 148 2 Parkersburg

4. Martinsburg 9-3 106 6 at Stnwll Jcksn,Va.

5. Capital (1) 6-5 96 nr at Riverside (Thurs.)

6. George Washington 9-3 94 4 Beckley (Thurs.)

7. Morgantown 7-4 89 8 at Wlng Park (Thurs.)

8. Parkersburg 6-5 50 10 at Brooke

9. Bridgeport 12-1 34 1 Buckhannon-Upshur

10. Musselman 5-5 33 nr Loudoun County, Va.

Others receiving votes: Fairmont Senior 23, Spring Valley 18, Wheeling Park 9, Hurricane 8, St. Albans 8, Riverside 7, Lewis County 6, Cabell Midland 4, Princeton 4, Parkersburg South 3, Nicholas County 2, Robert C. Byrd 2, Woodrow Wilson 1.

Class AA 2009 Record Pts. Pvs. Opponent

1. Bluefield (17) 12-2 197 4 at Graham, Va.

2. Magnolia 12-1 151 1 at Tolsia

3. Ravenswood (2) 9-3 148 8 at Herbert Hoover

4. Wayne (1) 13-1 143 2 at Keyser

5. Keyser 8-4 78 10 Wayne

6. Chapmanville 6-5 69 nr at Sissonville

7. Point Pleasant 7-4 57 9 at Tolsia (Sept. 3)

8. PikeView 8-4 56 nr Summers County

9. Oak Glen 6-5 51 nr at Edison Local, Ohio

10. Frankfort 11-2 41 6 Moorefield (Sept. 3)

Others receiving votes: James Monroe 32, Grafton 17, Weir 8, Poca 6, Scott 6, Sherman 6, Westside 6, Herbert Hoover 5, River View 4, Braxton County 3,

Liberty (Raleigh) 3, Greenbrier West 2, Roane County 2, Philip Barbour 1, Shady Spring 1.

Class A 2009 Record Pts. Pvs. Opponent

1. Madonna (8) 14-0 171 1 Valley (Wetzel) (Sat.)

2. Man (1) 12-2 170 3 at Logan

3. Williamstown (3) 9-3 167 4 Tyler Consolidated

4. Wheeling Central (7) 9-4 166 5 Bellaire, Ohio (Thurs.)

5. Richwood (1) 12-1 86 2 Webster County

6. Bishop Donahue 7-3 65 nr at Cameron

7. Fayetteville 9-3 41 6 Oak Hill

8. St. Marys 2-8 39 nr Ritchie County

9. Clay-Battelle 9-2 36 7 at Petersburg

10. Moorefield 7-4 34 nr at Bshp Wlsh, Md. (Sat.)

Others receiving votes: Wahama 32, Mount Hope 27, Buffalo 22, Tucker County 16, East Hardy 10, Meadow Bridge 10, Notre Dame 10, Valley (Fayette) 6, Wirt County 4, Calhoun County 3, Parkersburg Catholic 3, Pendleton County 3, Matewan 2, Paden City 2, South Harrison 1, Van 1.

first time I've seen those rankings, but a couple things that I see...

Princeton got some votes in AAA - are they legit? they have a monster of a schedule. a winning schedule in that division would be a miracle for them. they better strap it up

Bluefield is #1 in AA. not that I didn't expect that, but I don't like that big target on us. we'll find out Friday if they are for real.

Ravenswood is #3 in AA - really??? don't they usually have a cupcake schedule, and then get trounced in the playoffs?

Pikeview is #8 in AA - really????? has the program actually turned around, or was last year just a cinderella story?

I don't know if the program has completely turned at PV, or if they just have a really nice run of atheletes for a couple of years.

They return a lot off of last years team, so this year they should be pretty good. The question about if their program has turned to me will be answered after that. Will they continue to bee good/respectable, or take a huge step backwards.

first time I've seen those rankings, but a couple things that I see...

Princeton got some votes in AAA - are they legit? they have a monster of a schedule. a winning schedule in that division would be a miracle for them. they better strap it up

Bluefield is #1 in AA. not that I didn't expect that, but I don't like that big target on us. we'll find out Friday if they are for real.

Ravenswood is #3 in AA - really??? don't they usually have a cupcake schedule, and then get trounced in the playoffs?

Pikeview is #8 in AA - really????? has the program actually turned around, or was last year just a cinderella story?

Some people in the media are predicting PV to be a top 2-3 seed in the playoffs this year. Of course, their schedule has a lot to do with that.

Some people in the media are predicting PV to be a top 2-3 seed in the playoffs this year. Of course, their schedule has a lot to do with that.

Just checked their schedule, without knowing a lot about some of the teams, it does look pretty easy.

Summers County, River View, Liberty Raleigh, James Monroe, Shady Spring, Greenbrier West, Wyoming East, Independence, Oak Hill, Midland Trail

In regard to Princeton getting some votes, which appears to put them around #20 in AAA, how many AAA teams are there in the state now anyway? I got the impression it's down to somewhere around 30 teams. The state seems to be shrinking so fast. I'm guessing the final numbers of the 2010 census will be interesting.

In regard to Princeton getting some votes, which appears to put them around #20 in AAA, how many AAA teams are there in the state now anyway? I got the impression it's down to somewhere around 30 teams.

41 AAA teams

How many does Bluefield return from last years team?

Different players started at different times and sides of the ball throughout the season last year. Bluefield lost five seniors that played pivotal roles in 2009.

Sounds like you guys are in for a great year!