Bluefield area Direct Tv customers

We switched from Comcast to Direct TV and it is better. We had DISH several years ago and I liked it better. Whenever it rains, Direct is constantly searching for signal. I think it's because the guys that showed up to hook ours up mounted it on the roof and the antenna gets a lot of wind.

It is definitely better than Comcast though.

Heavy rain/snow blocks the satelite signal.

ComCrap cuts out more than DTV does believe it or not...had both and DTV is 100x better...get a Tivo, platinum package, and the NFL ticket and you are set for the rest of the year.

I have had comcrap for sometime....if you have switched to direct tv do you like the product you have purchased...give me some pros and cons please...thank you

Dish Network is the best satellite company to go with if you're looking for the best price/value and customer service. Of course, DirecTV does have the NFL ticket, which is why many choose them. As for the comments about losing signal in bad weather. This was a big concern of mine when I first switched. However, if the dish is installed correctly with a strong signal you'll have very little problems. I've had satellite TV for five years now and have lost the signal only three times in bad weather; none lasting more than 10 minutes. We've gone through some very heavy storms and the signal stayed true.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules