Grundy @ Hurley

Lance

Im not being bias, if Hurley ends up keeping it within at least 2 tds at the end of the game then you can look up what I said and quote me say I was wrong, don't think it will happen though.

Everybody called East Ridge to take us to down to the wire, alot people said they would win and Grundy end up winning 34-7 without one of there top 2 wrs. Also to say Hurley as many weapons on offense as Grundy is outragous imo, you have Waynick...who else is big playmakers? Cody Justus (if healthy) Ben Rife, Tyler Berg, Dillon Oakwind, Nick Travis can all make a big play at any time for Grundy.

Not trying to run down Hurley or talk any trash I just don't think they have the firepower to keep up with Grundy, could be wrong.

How could you say Hurley doesnt have playmakers? Two running backs have surpased 145 yards this season in different games. Mitchum (146?) Justice (165)... Waynick, cooper, Z Stacy are just as talented or better, and thats just names I am rattling off the top of my head. But no disrespect here, but Hurley has played just as much compitition as Grundy lol... Grundy played Tv and East., Hurley played Ervinton and St. Paul. Depth is the main key here. Grundy does outnumber Hurley in the depth game, that could become an issue late.

i'll give you the game against twin valley wasn't any competition, but ervington isn't that good....st.paul is the only team that hurley has played that you could use in this, and they aren't as good as east ridge, so id try to find a different argument...hurley has a good qb, and a couple of good receivers, but grundy has more...hurley has some decent running backs, but they haven't played a defense like coach compton's....

from what i seen grundy look pretty small they have a good team but there not going anywhere just like hurley they are not either.. but they are big than grundy and a little more phisical than grundy that could be the difference ..and the rebs are at the cliff ..but thats just me talking i wish both teams a safe and healthy game

i'll give you the game against twin valley wasn't any competition, but ervington isn't that good....st.paul is the only team that hurley has played that you could use in this, and they aren't as good as east ridge, so id try to find a different argument...hurley has a good qb, and a couple of good receivers, but grundy has more...hurley has some decent running backs, but they haven't played a defense like coach compton's....

I would argue St. Paul against East in this conversation. Neither team is a powerhouse, but around the same caliber IMO. But I do wish both teams the absolute best of luck, and I hope both teams can keep their players healthy. I wont be able to watch the final quater, I have to leave around the end of the third to make it to work on time. One thing though, if its going down to the wire Jewel will have one man comming in late Friday night haha

I don't know about all that, but what it will come down to is who is the more physical in this game....and my answer to that is Hurley, no matter what the numbers show ...theres only 11 on the field, they are not playing the sideline too....lol ....Rebels have always known that they have been outnumbered....that's why they have trained to work both sides so yea, Hurley's in good shape...Go Rebels!

Does anyone know when was the last time that Hurley defeated Grundy the Mountaineer said that Hurley has there best chance to beat Grundy in nearly 20 years. My wife said she thought that they defeated Grundy back in 93. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know when was the last time that Hurley defeated Grundy the Mountaineer said that Hurley has there best chance to beat Grundy in nearly 20 years. My wife said she thought that they defeated Grundy back in 93. Does anyone know?

I'm not really sure. But I don't believe they won that year. Seems like grundy won by a point or two that year if memory serves me correct

Its been since 1991 when the rebels won against the wave.

Its been since 1991 when the rebels won against the wave.

You are correct. Hurley won in 1991 21-6 and Grundy has won ever meeting since. Grundy was big underdogs in 1992 the year that Hurley won the black diamond and Grundy put it on Hurley 28-6 at the Cliff.

You are correct. Hurley won in 1991 21-6 and Grundy has won ever meeting since. Grundy was big underdogs in 1992 the year that Hurley won the black diamond and Grundy put it on Hurley 28-6 at the Cliff.

I don't think it was that year, I think Hurley lost only one game that season to Thomas Walker. But I could be wrong

I don't think it was that year, I think Hurley lost only one game that season to Thomas Walker. But I could be wrong

Nope they went 8-2 and lost to Thomas Walker and Grundy in 1992. In 1991 they went 8-2 and lost to Iaegar and Haysi. Haysi won in regular season 34-0 and beat Hurley again in the playoffs 17-0

probably cooper with the qb...im taking ben and cody as the better combo, although waynick is more athletic...not sure about the backs, maybe give slight edge to hurley, and grundy's defense without a doubt...that is why grundy will win, becasue their defense...