Obama added more to debt than first 40 presidents COMBINED

bucfan64

------

"on Jan. 1, taxes on many successful small business owners will rise"

Good... they're the ones that make the $$$, so hey should be the ones that pay the tax $$$.

"Investors will pay higher taxes on their capital gains and dividends"

see above... plus this would ONLY apply to ppl. in the 2 highest tax brackets... not your typical blue-collar guy.

"and some small businesses and family farms will once again be subject to death taxes."

As of last week, the estate tax would still be 0 on anything up to $3.5 Million per person / $7 Million for a couple. I have no clue how many small businesses would get hit, because I have no idea what the definition of a "small business" is, but, apparently, farms aren't a major concern.

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/09/02/grassley-estate-tax/

(Okay, so I broke down and went to Wiki and found this...

The legal definition of "small" varies by country and by industry. In the United States the Small Business Administration establishes small business size standards on an industry-by-industry basis, but generally specifies a small business as having fewer than 500 employees for manufacturing businesses and less than $7 million in annual receipts for most nonmanufacturing businesses)

By the way this isn't UNDOING any tax cuts for the rich this ONLY INCREASES TAXES on small businesses."

REALLY??? Now that right there tells me a LOT... a Dem. NOT undoing tax cuts for the rich??? Riiiiiiggghhhttttt.

10 years ago, the Rep. Congress passed a tax relief bill that would last 10 years because they didn't have the support to make it permanent. What happened during those cuts?

Job growth, which SHOULD have produced MORE taxable income, therefore, more money to DC. But since the tax cuts were mainly for the big-wigs, they didn't pay as much as they had been. Guess what happened? We had a HUGE work force that STILL couldn't pay enough taxes to make up for what their bosses were pocketing. While these tax cuts were in effect, our deficit MORE THAN DOUBLED, because those who COULD affort to pay more WERE NOT.

And now Obama is trying to put the big burden back on the big-wigs, and the

Repubs. are trying their best to spin this as a BAD move, knowing that the sheeple will believe anything (Obama isn't an American, he'll take away your guns, etc.)

-----

For those of you wondering how Obama's plan would effect your pocketbook...

According to NPR, a single taxpayer w/ under $175,000 taxable income will see NO tax increase.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129605962

and these 2 top earner brackets are the ones that create jobs with the money they make i have yet to ever see someone who makes 30 thousand dollars or someone on welfare create jobs other than those to serve them when they take their food stamps to the market to buy more food than i see in 4 months. when you take money out of the pockets of these top taxpayers you take jobs out of the economy. and this country needs more jobs that pay decent money not those that pay minium wage.

I am "admitting" that taxes are needed, but taxing everyone the same is not fair.

let's see what Bob's monthly expenses are...

rent - 300

car - 200

car ins. - 200

health ins. - 200

food - 300

utils - 100

gas - 75

phone/cable/net - 75

TOTAL - 1,450

He works four 40-hour weeks, for 160 hours, and makes $8 an hour, earning 1,280. And he cleared..... wait.

So, how much can he afford to pay in taxes if he's not making enougn to cover his expenses???

And why is he not making enough? Because compananies don't pay enough.

THEY'RE making the money/profits ... THEY should pay the taxes..

How many jobs have the Smiths, McGlothlins, Bunns, Robertsons & Beinhorns created in the past decade? How many did Bonita & Pooch & Teresa Lee create?

Huh....I thought you worked at a local school. My bad.

I HAVE worked for a poor man... years ago, I worked for a teacher. He and his wife had 1 kid, but couldn't afford to live on their salary, so they opened a pizza place. He had betweem 6 & 10 workers. The "wealthy" didn't create THOSE jobs.

That's what O's TRYING to do. Can't do everything all at 1 time, or everything will fall apart. Let's cut spending by 20%... we can cut the military pay by getting our guys back home, cut NASA big time, cut transportation projects.. but all that puts more ppl. out of work. But, of course, that DOES lead to the ultimate goal of taking in fewer taxes, right? And all those jobless ppl. with no income will definately lead to the economy flourishing.

And I'll say it again... Obama is doing neither of the things you say. A- He is reducing spending. B- He is not raising taves... the old tax cuts were temporary BY LAW... Congress didn't make them permanent, so 10 years was the limit. Personally, I think all the cuts should expire and if Congress wants to modify the tax code, then fine, but the Dems know the sheeple will believe what the Repubs say, so they have to do someting now to keep that at a minimum.

no look at my expenses

rent 415

car 600

elect 64

insurance 65

phone 135

cable100

income 1139 every 2 weeks after taxes now under obama the people i work for will probably drop my health insurance because it will be cheaper for them to pay the fine for its employees than pay health insurance. their part is 700 a month i pay 75 every 2 weeks. if taxes go up on them then jobs will be cut. now i cut corners where i can i buy very few groceries and gas is 259 a gallon here. i live 4 miles from work. the sad part is i work for the state and they have cut already this year where i work 65 jobs and 4 million from our budget how much more can we take. think about the small business owner he cannot make it and the state is having difficulty. now the budget cuts came under kain not mcdonald. under mcdonald state employees those who still have job will get a one time bonus of 3 percent in december but after taxes will not be a lot. the gov. needs to cut spendin money on everything from houses that are underwater to auto companies. and let the oil companies work not stop business.

no look at my expenses

rent 415

car 600

elect 64

insurance 65

phone 135

cable100

income 1139 every 2 weeks after taxes now under obama the people i work for will probably drop my health insurance because it will be cheaper for them to pay the fine for its employees than pay health insurance. their part is 700 a month i pay 75 every 2 weeks. if taxes go up on them then jobs will be cut. now i cut corners where i can i buy very few groceries and gas is 259 a gallon here. i live 4 miles from work. the sad part is i work for the state and they have cut already this year where i work 65 jobs and 4 million from our budget how much more can we take. think about the small business owner he cannot make it and the state is having difficulty. now the budget cuts came under kain not mcdonald. under mcdonald state employees those who still have job will get a one time bonus of 3 percent in december but after taxes will not be a lot. the gov. needs to cut spendin money on everything from houses that are underwater to auto companies. and let the oil companies work not stop business.

what you do not realize is that a lot of the mecical advances in the past decades have come from the space station and being in space, we need nasa what we dont need is gov. health care we need to cut the budget not spend billions on jobs that have not been created. 110 million to create 11 jobs in one state wow gov at work. as for the pizza person i bet he paid 24 dollars a hour and gave health care and great benifits. yea get real. poor people do not create high paying jobs.

I am constantly amazed by the folks on the left who believe that when you increase taxes on a small business owner he or she will just smile, pay the higher taxes, and employ more people when his or her profit drops. I can't help but think that they have no concept of working in the private sector, just like Bar.... uh, well you get the idea!!!!

I dont know much about economics or politics, but i do know Obama is not the answer. Just look at the constitution and declaration of independence, we are straying away from the core values that America was founded upon, and it is going to end up destroying us. I for one am not moving to Europe. haha