Coal Rally in D.C. 9/15/10

MrSocko

Guys, there is a big rally in D.C. today for the support of Coal mining. I think it is safe to say that just about everyone that reads or post on this forum has some interest in the coal business. Heck,coal is what powers the lights and the computer you are using right now. I know everyone has an opinion of coal practices but until SWVA has more diversity in the job market, it's pretty much the "King of the Hill".

I hope everyone will think or give support to that JOB. The miners,either surface or underground, have a family,car payment,mortgage, etc. and that JOB also supports the small towns and businesses. I know me personally and many of my friends and family are not interested in leaving SWVA for a job in another state or wherever you may have to go to SUPPORT your family.

So tomorrow, if you got a second tell that friend,family member whomever that you SUPPORT THE MINER.:)

Edited by thevols

I don't know any coal miners personally, but you have to respect them. My college coach brought up coal miners during our halftime speech the other night and it in a way struck close to home being from SWVA. I have all the respect in the world for the miners.

You would be surprised how many people from this area,who work in a mine or hauls coal, travel to Wytheville just to shop or get a way for the weekend. I have a buddy who owns a second home in Wytheville and he hauls coal for a living. You never know he may be your neighbor. I think a lot of people just don't realize what an impact coal has on the economy in SWVA,KY,WV, and TN. I know the local people and vendors do but it is the "outsiders" who don't realize what a financial strain it would place on all communities.

Edited by thevols

I am associated quite extensively with the coal industry and I hope that things go better than expected in D.C. today for the coal rally. I will speak of them in a positive light every chance i get and I am proud of it.

Edited by bhs7695

Guys, there is a big rally in D.C. today for the support of Coal mining. I think it is safe to say that just about everyone that reads or post on this forum has some interest in the coal business. Heck,coal is what powers the lights and the computer you are using right now. I know everyone has an opinion of coal practices but until SWVA has more diversity in the job market, it's pretty much the "King of the Hill".

I hope everyone will think or give support to that JOB. The miners,either surface or underground, have a family,car payment,mortgage, etc. and that JOB also supports the small towns and businesses. I know me personally and many of my friends and family are not interested in leaving SWVA for a job in another state or wherever you may have to go to SUPPORT your family.

So tomorrow, if you got a second tell that friend,family member whomever that you SUPPORT THE MINER.:)

If you live in Southwest Virginia and work at The Dairy Queen,Dollar Store,Food City or the Hardware store or any toher business you are in directly in the Coal Business...Coal still drives the economy..Some Gentleman from Ky are introducing a bill to strip the dictatership power the EPA wants to have over the industry we better hope that goes well and Cap and Trade has to be over turned. For all you folks who drank the Obama Kool _Aide hows that hopey,Changey thing working out for you? He's the biggest hoaxster since chicken little.