Another P.S.A. from your friends at SWVASports.com

He was giving scores from around the area during halftime of the midget football game Saturday Night and as he gave the score of the Virginia Tech - ECU game, he called VT the "Chokies" from down in "Chokieville."

He is a die hard WVU fan from what I'm told by the guy that is running the leagues this year and I really don't care if he is volunteering his time to call these games for the kids and the fans. It was uncalled for over a P.A. system and a classless showing of sportsmanship. It's crap like that that stirs up the hatred between the fans. I don't recall ever being at any game where another team is made a mockery of over the P.A. system.

I guess he saw me walking up the stands at the end of the game as I was going to ask him what his problem was and he tucked it out of the press box as quickly as he could and ducked down the hill behind the press box.

Considering the fairly strong support of VT in Bluefield, you run the risk of hurting fundraising. We all know that youth supports run on $ from parents and businesses.

Is the PA guy also an educator?

The guy who does the P.A. announcing at Mitchell Stadium during Pee Wee and Midget League games on Saturdays is a P.O.S.

That is all.

LOL!!!!!!...That is my Brother-In-Law...Your are not the only one who thinks he's a P.O.S. My family thinks so too!

Edited by rabidbeaver

LOL!!!!!!...That is my Brother-In-Law...Your are not the only one who thinks he's a P.O.S. My family thinks so too!

Is the PA guy also an educator?

NO!!! He's just a DUMBA$$!

Classic!!!!

He was giving scores from around the area during halftime of the midget football game Saturday Night and as he gave the score of the Virginia Tech - ECU game, he called VT the "Chokies" from down in "Chokieville."

He is a die hard WVU fan from what I'm told by the guy that is running the leagues this year and I really don't care if he is volunteering his time to call these games for the kids and the fans. It was uncalled for over a P.A. system and a classless showing of sportsmanship. It's crap like that that stirs up the hatred between the fans. I don't recall ever being at any game where another team is made a mockery of over the P.A. system.

I guess he saw me walking up the stands at the end of the game as I was going to ask him what his problem was and he tucked it out of the press box as quickly as he could and ducked down the hill behind the press box.

I don't see the problem here.

Update...Brother-in-law made mention that he was called before "The Man" over his comments.

I heard the same.

I also heard one of the parents talk to me over the weekend about how they complained to your brother-in-law about his mispronunciation of their child's name to which the P.A. announcer responded something to the tone of: "Well, if these kids aren't named such crazy names!"

The child's name he was mispronouncing I was told was "Troy."

I heard the same.

I also heard one of the parents talk to me over the weekend about how they complained to your brother-in-law about his mispronunciation of their child's name to which the P.A. announcer responded something to the tone of: "Well, if these kids aren't named such crazy names!"

The child's name he was mispronouncing I was told was "Troy."

Probably didn't have his teeth in...LOL.

C'mon Fredo, you can go against the family this one time...:D

default_ce_schapiro_godfather_print_b_shadow_0809081201_id_170415.jpg

My family would disown me if I gave out his true identity...I would not be surprised if some of the people who read this board know who I'm talking about but want to save me the embarrassment of having to admit that he is family and for that I am eternally grateful!

My family would disown me if I gave out his true identity...I would not be surprised if some of the people who read this board know who I'm talking about but want to save me the embarrassment of having to admit that he is family and for that I am eternally grateful!

Honestly, we can not be held responsible for who our siblings marry. My ex-sister-in-law is a psycho, and my ex-brother-in-law has spent more time in jail than out in the last decade. I feel your pain.