Finished off one of these tonight...

GMan

Lucky day, lucky day!!! With the help of my wonderful wife, I, well, technically, she found two bottles of Laphroaig 15 Y/O today in Beaver, WV. Laphroaig stopped making this last year and has replaced it with an 18 Y/O version. I was actually trying to find the 18 Y/O when we stumbled upon these two gems. This is like the "Holy Grail" of the Laphroaig scotches!!! Did I mention, this is my most favorite scotch...period. I was "rationing" the last few drops that I had but, no longer...am enjoying a nice dram as I type and listen to various games on the 'net!!!

laphroaig_15_1.jpg

My man GMan hittin the bottle hard after yet another poor offensive performance out of the Hokies. I feel ya man, I feel ya. I can't hold a torch to your taste but I certainly appreciate it.

Nah, not hitting the bottle that hard...only an ounce or four at a time. This was unusual for me to enjoy this wonderful nectar of the Gods three straight nights...but I was off on Friday, explaining Thursday night enjoyment, and well, Friday and Saturday nights are self-explanatory. Besides, my doctor told me a drink of the good stuff was good for me every now and again...so really, it was "doctor's orders" that I was following.

Wheat beer in TX? Shiner Bock or Lone Star.

Lone Star isn't my favorite, but Shiner Bock is good. most Shiner beers i've had so far are good. dad had a beer made in Ft. Worth last night called Buffalo Butt and said it was pretty good. next Texas made beer i try will be Fancy Lawnmower haha.

I love the regular line of Jameson but the 12 Y/O Reserve is a couple of notches above that...very smooth and sweet...

And with the wife being Irish, well, I just don't feel right drinking Scotch all the time...LOL...