Powell valley @ Gate City

jimbeam

I don't think its that GC is that good, it's just PV is down...so blowout...otherwise it would be a close game. This is one of those games you see on the schedule before the season starts and you hope they both have good years...because just the history these two teams have makes it a nice match up. PV in a better year would make a game of it.

Don't let Powell Valley's record fool you. They have lost to undefeated Richlands, one-loss 5A School Harlan Co., KY, undefeated John I. Burton, and undefeated Clintwood. They had the chance to beat Burton, but due to poor play calling (i.e, running up the middle on 4th and 5 and sometimes up the middle on 3rd and long) set Burton up for their 2 touchdowns of the game.

PV seems "down" but they have had one of the toughest schedules in the area. They have mostly just been outmatched.

That said, I don't see Powell Valley winning this game but stranger things have happened. Refer to 1991, the last time PV missed the playoffs. Gate City had to be the favorite there. Powell Valley wins 3-0. Remember 1999, PV vs. JJ Kelly. Nobody thought JJ Kelly had anymore chance than a snowball in an oven. Kelly snaps PV's 34 game winning streak 19-14.

While I don't look for PV to win, they very well can win this game. Doubtful.

Powell Valley will give Gate City a better game than VHS did last week. Trumpet1988 makes a great point. PV has played a VERY tough schedule.

But Gate City wins this one by a couple of TD's or so.

I'll say 27-13.

Powell Valley will give Gate City a better game than VHS did last week. Trumpet1988 makes a great point. PV has played a VERY tough schedule.

But Gate City wins this one by a couple of TD's or so.

I'll say 27-13.

Wrong!