Kickoffs through the Goal Post

How many of these have you seen in Southwest Vrginia? VHS' kicker, Ian Frye, was 2 for 2 in the Gate City game. The longer kick hit a fence 79 yards from the point of the kick. The shorter kick went about 75 yards. Have a look by clicking on the following link:

Grundy's kicker has several go out of the end zone, not sure if he got it through the goal post or not...i know one or two hit the field house. We don't normally have a good kicker so you sort of notice it when it happens lol.

Going way back, Jack Ginn used to do this on a regular basis for Richlands during his playing days in the early '80s. My recollection is that he actually booted one into the parking lot from the field at Mitchell Stadium at least once.

Haven't personally seen it at the high school level since then.

I remember when Graham lined up for a 70-yard field goal at Radford several years back...with the 40mph wind at his back, Ricky Brown would have had a chance had the holder not fumbled the snap...

I remember when Graham lined up for a 70-yard field goal at Radford several years back...with the 40mph wind at his back, Ricky Brown would have had a chance had the holder not fumbled the snap...

Joey Worley from Garden back in the day could kick 'em...i remember watching him in warm ups at Grundy kicking 60 yarders like clockwork...he went on to play college ball at KY and then for the Cowboys before he quit and came back home...very talented guy though.