Interesting conversation I had with somebody yesterday...

futbolking

in Riner, VA...I went to the "pumpkin festival" at Sinkland farms, ran into Jack Turner and had a nice conversation with him. I have a cousin on the coaching staff at PC and my uncle is a former principal...anyway...I could tell he really wants to get back into coaching, mentioned that he was just taking a year or two off to be with family....l and he was asking me a lot of questions about Graham......He has a lot of respect for the program....said some of his best memories was scrimmaging Graham and Tazewell and was wondering what has happened to Graham and I just bit my tongue.

Edited by futbolking

in Riner, VA...I went to the "pumpkin festival" at Sinkland farms, ran into Jack Turner and had a nice conversation with him. I have a cousin on the coaching staff at PC and my uncle is a former principal...anyway...I could tell he really wants to get back into coaching, mentioned that he was just taking a year or two off to be with family....l and he was asking me a lot of questions about Graham......He has a lot of respect for the program....said some of his best memories was scrimmaging Graham and Tazewell and was wondering what has happened to Graham and I just bit my tongue.

You sure you weren't talking to a pumpkin?

I was really shocked when Jack stepped down from coaching! I had spoken to him about 2 weeks before he quit and he sounded excited about picking up Richlands next year. Thats why i was shocked to hear the news of him quitting. Im sure he will be back tho, he loves football way to much.

I was really shocked when Jack stepped down from coaching! I had spoken to him about 2 weeks before he quit and he sounded excited about picking up Richlands next year. Thats why i was shocked to hear the news of him quitting. Im sure he will be back tho, he loves football way to much.

He didn't "quit"...he was told step down or be fired. He got caught cheating...practicing out of season...almost as bad as using illegal cleats, but I digress. Does Graham really want that type of person rebuilding its program??? I think the position, if it should come available, should be filled with someone a little more "upstanding"...just my $.02...

If he's cheating at least you know he's trying, which might be more than can be said about the current man running Graham's program? I don't see Turner giving away home games and gate money, so he can take in a college game either.

You do have a point...

He didn't "quit"...he was told step down or be fired. He got caught cheating...practicing out of season...almost as bad as using illegal cleats, but I digress. Does Graham really want that type of person rebuilding its program??? I think the position, if it should come available, should be filled with someone a little more "upstanding"...just my $.02...

I didn't know that was the case! He still a all around nice guy is all im saying.

I don't disagree with you there.....but don't be surprised to see him on the sidelines sooner than later.