Hurley Rebels

Rebels#1Fan

Rebels come off of an surpiriseing/good year last season winning the black diamond district and then goin to knock off Pound in the first round of region and then loseing in overtime by only 3 points to Appy...How do you think the Rebels will live up to the expectations of succeeding even more this year? FOR REAL OR CHOKE???

Rebels come off of an surpiriseing/good year last season winning the black diamond district and then goin to knock off Pound in the first round of region and then loseing in overtime by only 3 points to Appy...How do you think the Rebels will live up to the expectations of succeeding even more this year? FOR REAL OR CHOKE???

I hope they go to class and learn how to spell, before they hit the hardwood.

the potential is there...and the way the bdd is terrible this year they for sure win it, unless honaker has something i don't know about, and they have a new coach so it will be an adjustment year....they will win the bdd as expected, probably win the region, but i hear appy got some more transfer players in from across the pond so who knows how good they will be....hurley could go to richmond just depending on who they get and where they have to go play before richmond....but i agree austin is good...tyler is overrated, he can shoot and has some skill and knows what to do with what he has, but up the level of competition and he gets shut down....like i said they will win the bdd, but thats not saying much now...after that, just depends

You guys are forgetting about the peck kid that will be playing on the varsity team this year and will most likely be taking over at the point for austin and moving austin to point forward. so its still going to be a very hard year for hurley as far as schedule goes mark has set up a tough one so there ability to win the big games could rest in the hands of a freshman point guard that can shoot and handle the ball as well but not for sure how good when it gets to the up tempo games .

Peck is the real deal holyfield if he doesn't suit up for the Golden Wave

Getting Austin off the point will kill people. He's the Cream of the Cooper Crop. Tyler is good but I think he only leads them in T's

Not having a true big man I think will hurt them because Wayne Nick won't mix it up inside he's talented, but plays soft. Cause you know Appalachia is going to get a transfer student and Powell Valley always have Footballplayers that just get in there and beat the crap out of you and refs will only call a few and really if they know it's going to be a physical game they won't call it b/c they have to call it all night long I call it the Gate City effect you know they hand check and lay on so rather than hear it from fans and coaches they just allow it to happen

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told that Appy has 2 foreign exchange students. They're both 6'9 - 6'10 range. They also return almost all of last years team including Forest Stuart. I would think that the road through Region D runs through Appalachia this year.

Wrong on two accounts. Appalachia lost 8 seniors last year and has only one foreign exchange student. They lost 4 starters and return only Forrest Stuart. The exchange student is maybe 6'2" and cant shoot a lick, can jump pretty good though. The road will go thru Hurley this year with Twin Springs along the way. Ive seen Appy and Twin Springs both in the last week play, Hurley has no worries.

Hurley may start out sluggish due to the players getting a late start of getting in the gym from football, but time the season gets cranked up I think they will be full throttle. The may lose 5 or 6 games this year but they will sweep the BDD easy. If not somethings wrong. Dont really know of anybody better than them in D1.

I agree, PV will play you guys Dec 11th. I think last year PV beat Hurley 60-27 in the Coaches Classic at CVC. The VIkings return 3 starters from last years team that went 22-3 and should be the team to beat in D2.

• 4 weeks later...